• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Pc300 bucket no strength

matomiguel300

Hi everyone I been having this problem with my komatsu pc300 excavator making it almost useless for my field of work, we do demo. The problem is simply that the whole machine is strong and fast boom stick swing tracks but the bucket has no strength what so ever it moves opens and closes but it can't even dig a hole, can anybody point me in the right direction and help me out it would be greatly appreciated all filters are new

DK88

Occupation
Field service tech.
I'd start by checking to see if the cylinder is bypassing

02Dmax

I'd start at the control valve. Pull the circuit reliefs and check for debris.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
What Dash series machine do you have? That will make a difference in what to look for.

Does the bucket cylinder drift if the bucket is left in the air for a while?

matomiguel300

What Dash series machine do you have? That will make a difference in what to look for.

Does the bucket cylinder drift if the bucket is left in the air for a while?

It's a pc300-7 I'm working on it today no it stays up drifts a tad little bit here is what I did today I loosened the house in the cilinder that opens the bucket and applied pressure to close the cilinder stops leaking meaning it has no bypass but I get oil coming in to the cilinder from that hose as I apply pressure to close how can this be I should only have oil coming in from one side only right?

matomiguel300

I'm going crazy with this problem I inverted the hoses behind the boom and the excavator digs fine with strength but when I open the bucket it's really slow and weak reverse to what it did before what could this be

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
As stated above, swap the circuit reliefs for the bucket in the main control valve and if it doesn't swap sides then pull the cylinder and dismantle it.