• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

ORSI / Diamond Boom Mowers

Township1

Not really sure where to put this, but looking to see if anyone has any experiance with ORSI boom mowers, we are specifically looking at a River 2049 and are looking for any feedback.

[-Agent-]

COPPA
Occupation
Student
I have never operated one, the city does. They keep the flying debris and dust down, so that is always nice if your working near the road.

Township1

[-Agent-];69782 said:
I have never operated one, the city does. They keep the flying debris and dust down, so that is always nice if your working near the road.

Agent - Do you know if the city uses a ORSI, or some other brand? - and if it is an ORSI what is the cities name?

Township1

have you got your Boom mower yet township1. Mate of mine is getting a McConnel in the next couple of weeks.

Sent the tractor off to get it "installed" last week - expect it back any day now.

Ended up going with a ORSI River 2049. It is replacing a Mo-Trim boom mower which we had nothing but problems with. The Mo-trim was a mid mount so it will be intresting to see how bad the three point mount is for visibility during actual operations.

Township1

Senator215i,

You must have known somthing - not much after I replied they called and said it would be here early this afternoon, which it was.

Looks good, and handles pretty good and they did a nice job on the valving to. now we will just have to see how it holds up.

Senator215i

Occupation
operator/maintainer for QLD rail
thats weird because not long after posting was talking to my mate and the JD dealer has it already to go and its getting picked up this afternoon surprised me a bit the dealer usally takes forever only took a week this time

Senator215i

Occupation
well i spoke to soon so much for being ready today they're a joke won't be ready till next early next week should of know never to listern to one of there sales men

Senator215i

Occupation
finally it ready will be ready to pick it up on tuesday or wednesday just waiting on the wheel weights then take it to work the next day looks like i get to use i first up too which should be good will try and get some pics of it

Township1

Thats cool.

We got to use ours for a few days, then blew a pump on the tractor (not related to the new mower). Pump should be back in a day or to. I will try to get some pictures if i get a chance when it is up and running.

Senator215i

Occupation
Finally picked it up today. Very nice bit of gear its a McConnel PA53E and its on the back of a John Deere 6330. Had a quick play on it, cuts very well.

Bellboy

COPPA
Occupation
Student
There must be at least 20 of those sitting at the roads dept. scrap yard. Most of them are actually permanently mounted on the tractor.