• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Original Case 530 paint colours

capnkel

Occupation
millwright
I,ve looked at a lot of pics,and read what i can find about Case paint colours for my 530 TLB.Everything i find says that my backhoe should have been a red engine and drivetrain,yellow sheet metal and loader/backhoe,and silver/red wheel rims.My 530 is a 1964 build,mechanical shuttle,32 loader,32 hoe.
This tractor has been painted at least 3 times over the years,from what im seeing its original colour was a light orange shade,very similar to the background on this forum page,over that it was at one point yellow,and then repainted a reddish orange colour.I scraped off paint in a few spots and looked at hard to paint areas,no where on this tractor was it ever yellow when it was new,as there are still original decals on the hood,and the paint under those is a light orange shade:confused:,with yellow being applied over the decals.
My question to the Case experts ,have you ever seen this model in a factory colour other than yellow??:confused:I want to repaint it as original as i can,but this tractor,and historical info don't add up.Maybe this was a special order from the factory??I know at some point ,mid 70s Case construction equipment went to an orangish shade of paint.:cool2

Kgmz

Occupation
General Contractor
Try

Desert Sunset

Flambeau Red

Desert Sunset is listed on the Case paint chart as pre-1973 Case Tractors. Case part number B17652 for a gallon. Ditzler PPG 81357.

Flambeau Red for the running gear. Paint codes, Dupont 066DH, NAPA 99L3727, PPG Ditzler 71282.

Later years go to Power Yellow 1973 to 1983, and then to Power Tan 1983 to present.

Last edited:

capnkel

Occupation
millwright
Without a paint chart,if im not mistaken,the desert sunset is kind of a cream/off white colour that was used on Case agricultural tractors sheet metal??The flambeau red is the same on the engine/drivetrain though.

CaptDave

Occupation
Captain Toronto Fire Services
I have a 1965 Case 530. It is yellow and red, not sure if you can tell from the pic. I have more pics available and will check my manual to see if it states colour.

Dave

capnkel

Occupation
millwright
I;ll have to compare those colours to my tractor tommorow.Im guessing the power tan,or power yellow are pretty close matches,but the dates listed on your link still dont jive with my hoe that was built in 64,still seems to be a mystery or an oddball why this machine was painted different from all the rest that i can find info on.