• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

0pinions on Equipment Unlimited in Oklahoma

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
What's it take to knock a Craigslist ad down?
At the top there’s a little flag, you can use it to call their attention to the add as a scam or whatever. If enough people track down their ads and flag them it’ll at least get them off CL. I think there’s more to it, I’ll dig a little deeper.

colson04

The picture I posted is everything. He texted hello, I asked who is this, and that was the response. I literally never even talked to the guy. I called the Craigslist number, and left a simple message saying I was interested in the Komatsu excavator and to please give me a call. I am not exactly pleased that he connected my number to my posting here on HEF.

After Joe H posted all those scam Craigslist ads, that's when he texted me.
Wow, sorry to hear it went that way. Is he following up with his promise to spam call/text your phone?

I don't get the desire for people to want to scam other people. Do unto others as you would want others to do unto you. I learned that lesson in Kindergarten. It's so simple, yet people seem to think it need not apply to them.

Best wishes Shimmy, I hope this doesn't become some horroble thorn in your side.

Shimmy1

Wow, sorry to hear it went that way. Is he following up with his promise to spam call/text your phone?

Damn, I guess I haven't updated on that front yet. Absolutely, about 10 minutes after he said I'd be sorry, the short call texts started. About 4 a minute for an hour straight. I called Verizon immediately, and they set me up with the advanced spam blocker. That stopped the spam calls virtually immediately. The texts were a little harder, texting STOP to each one stopped about half, reporting them all as a spammer stopped about 90% of them, then I resorted to calling them, and blocking them thru the call blocker, and as of now I've gotten a couple from a blocked Instacart number, but that's it.

My dad is getting the same crap, and he didn't even call the Craigslist number.

Shimmy1

How do you know he's talking about hef? Could be a different site

Maybe, but I don't think so. I did ask over on Agtalk, but didn't really get much action.

When the shat hit the fan was when Joe H posted all those links to the Craigslist ads that were identical. Like 8 minutes later I got the text that started it all, as you can see on the pic I posted. Then, there were waves after I was getting the texts slowed down, the biggest one came after Joe posted that link with the number from the Craigslist ad. That one got me about 60 texts in about 5 minutes hahaha.

Shimmy1

Some of you might find this interesting. These are pictures of the "sales team" from the Equipment Unlimited website. A G00gle lens search produces these results......
Screenshot_20240418-230207.png
Screenshot_20240418-230300.png
Screenshot_20240418-230323.png

Acoals

Occupation
Jack of all trades/Master of none
Husong, eh? That white boy sure as anything isn't Asian.

Ahmed Jabad sure looks a lot more like a Jon Baker sort of guy than anybody in Pakistan.

colson04

Makes a guy wonder how long this scam has been running, and how many people have been snookered already. I see ads similar on the local Craigslist for insane deals and "WE SHIP NATION WIDE". I just skip over those ads. If it looks too good to be true, it is.

HarleyHappy

Occupation
Welder/Mechanic
Meh, for some reason this thread is raising my blood pressure, need to hunt some scumbags down and slap them with a bat.

stinky64

Occupation
big truck wrench/fixer of things
Couple years ago 2 fellers at feed mill I worked got snookered on a couple of Ag tractors. Site was hijacked from defunct equipment dealer. No phone # only web address, no paypal, checks,or credit cards, certified check only sent to citibank in NYC. Day before delivery transport "got into wreck" tractor totaled will contact soon. Shortly after site was flagged by BBB and FBI. Scumbags from Iceland behind that caper. If it sounds too good to be true.........

Tyler d4c

That's sorta what happened to guy I know he got a tracking number and it stopped in Ohio. I'm assuming it was a legit number and that it was going