• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

0pinions on Equipment Unlimited in Oklahoma

RTSmith

Occupation
Amateur demolition & dirt pusher
Well- the description says Hi-Flow but the badging doesn't bear that out.

FWIW- That Co. shows up in a lot of Google search with Manta, D&B, etc. D&B says started 2003. Seems legit from that respects. But as mentioned the 289D seems cheap.

Welder Dave

Why is it by appointment only to go look at the equipment? Most legit dealers have equipment on display so prospective customers will see it and stop in to enquire about it.

PeterG

Occupation
Contractor
The more you look at their web site, the more entertaining it is.

Note - No signage on the road. Google sky view shows a different business name of Tractor World.

A few highlights
1. Starts off with what is clearly a Deere video, but they are not a Deere Dealer
2. On the Equipment categories, the icon does not match the type of machine, and machines are not vehicles. For such a big company they only list 18 "vehicles"
3. But they are such a big Company they sell Industrial equipment! Sadly they are out of stock on everything. Agriculture is spelled wrong
4. You can shop over 12 brands, even though when you hit the icon they have nothing in stock.
5. On Inventory search you can go to "condition" which is brand names, "Excavators" which is body type, and listing type - items for sale.
6. In the testimonial section, one buyer says that the sale staff is "charming". That must be local language in OK.
7. The Sales Team (four of them), are important business people and wear fancy clothes. That's why you need an appointment. I suggest you dress up if you go there. This is a serious place.
8. In the Core value section they are clearly a Komatsu dealer with "Robust" selection etc. and
  • A lot of offers on-site, trusted by a community.
  • Maintain your unit to stay safe on the road
  • Before we get ahead, we want to welcome you to Equipment Unlimited Inc. At the same time, nothing can replace thing on-the-lot experience.​

Joe H

Shimmy1

So @Shimmy1 , does your dad believe it's a scam now? And what the heck did you say in your phone call to get that reply back?!

The picture I posted is everything. He texted hello, I asked who is this, and that was the response. I literally never even talked to the guy. I called the Craigslist number, and left a simple message saying I was interested in the Komatsu excavator and to please give me a call. I am not exactly pleased that he connected my number to my posting here on HEF.

After Joe H posted all those scam Craigslist ads, that's when he texted me.

Joe H

Facebook is same, ad after ad for duct cleaning, car detailing, have to move so giving away all my stuff, make $300 a day cleaning apartments.

Day after day ad after ad,scams.

And a few legitimate ads sprinkled in between.

Joe H

Shimmy1

Just spitballing here….after some bs threats like that we could have a lot of fun on CL knocking off his ads and making people aware of this shady crap. Dude ain’t even from here I’d wager.
What's it take to knock a Craigslist ad down?

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
The picture I posted is everything. He texted hello, I asked who is this, and that was the response. I literally never even talked to the guy. I called the Craigslist number, and left a simple message saying I was interested in the Komatsu excavator and to please give me a call. I am not exactly pleased that he connected my number to my posting here on HEF.

After Joe H posted all those scam Craigslist ads, that's when he texted me.

This thread has pushed a lot of hits to their website so it wasn't hard to narrow down a suspicious text (in their view) like yours and make an assumption.

When these scammers get caught their English as a second language degrades rapidly and they expose themselves.

Shimmy1

This thread has pushed a lot of hits to their website so it wasn't hard to narrow down a suspicious text (in their view) like yours and make an assumption.

I never texted him though. All I did was try and call the number on Craigslist, and left a message.

But, I'm sure my name came up on caller id, and there you go.

My dad is getting the same barrage of texts and calls.