• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

On the Road

Mike L

Occupation
Self employed field mechanic
I like the extra cab. Brand new?

FSERVICE

I wouldn't have it any other way!!! I hate seeing the same 4 walls day in & day out!!! great looking truck;) what motor?

furbis

Denver? I buy all my trucks from them and most of my parts. Cant wait until the new buildings are open they are 15 minutes from my shop.

Muffler Bearing

Occupation
Truck Mechanic
It's a 2010 with a Cummins ISL. Made it though the first week and I'm hooked! It's a little anti-climactic to roll up to a truck and have to tell them they shut down for low coolant, or won't start because they are out of fuel (both actually happened). But I think field service will be a fun new chapter

02Dmax

^^lol^^ I had a call yesterday like that. Guy called and couldn't get his lowboy to move, told me the brakes had to be froze. His hand valve in the cab ended up being pulled down. Lol. He was embarrassed to say the least.

YukonJeff

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Mechanic
Nice looking truck, gotta love the Freightliners. Bench seat or Bunk in the cab? Automagic or 10 speed?