• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

old stuff

oakland

COPPA
Occupation
high school
here is some old iron ive found. 1st one is a really cool old grader. the second is a really old (and loud):mad: water truck that is still used.the 3rd is a old d7 dozer parked behind the cable sraper. and the 5th is an old grader

Attachments

• 5 064.jpg
    5 064.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 2,587
  • cascade1 075.jpg
    cascade1 075.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 2,566
  • road work2 165.jpg
    road work2 165.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 2,562
  • road work2 169.jpg
    road work2 169.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 2,552
  • road work2 176.jpg
    road work2 176.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 2,545

oakland

COPPA
Occupation
high school
heres some more the first is an old steam shovel and the second is an old grader.

Attachments

• road work2 180.jpg
    road work2 180.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 2,560
  • shoshone falls 186.jpg
    shoshone falls 186.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 2,565

WabcoMan

Occupation
Heavy equipment parts manager
Great pictures Oakland, thanks for posting.
The first grader is an Austin-Western.
The scraper appears to be a Cat 619C
Man I love old iron

jurgcor

Occupation
Heavy equip operator/Rock pick
I helped to restore a 6 wheel drive version of that Austin Western blade. I t had the tandem on rear, the swung left and right. Way ahead of it's time with front wheel assist. However the mess of u joints and carrier bearings under the neck was horriblr to maintain. HaHa Ha.

iceberg210

I've seen that shovel!!! I see it everytime I drive into Boise on I-84. Its on the right as you're coming into town. Wonder if it still runs. A couple years ago it had moved so it had been running at some recent point in the past.

oakland

COPPA
Occupation
high school
I've seen that shovel!!! I see it everytime I drive into Boise on I-84. Its on the right as you're coming into town. Wonder if it still runs. A couple years ago it had moved so it had been running at some recent point in the past.

yeah it is its right by western constructions yard. ive never actually seen it move but it has changed locations

Bellboy

COPPA
Occupation
Student
This is not that old, but rather well used. Its what is known as a triwheeler or logloader. This is Bell, the first Bell ever made. It was first built as a cane loader, but the machine range expanded into forestry.
1. Side view.
2.Side again
3. Cab
4. Steering/ drive. ( you use your feet.)
5. Jocky wheel. It basically aids in steering, but it has hydrostatic drive on the front wheels, steering like a skidsteer/ bulldozer.

Not the most stable machine, but it is really fast and quite agile.

Attachments

• bell1.jpg
    bell1.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 2,073
  • bello2.jpg
    bello2.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 2,072
  • bell3.jpg
    bell3.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 2,074
  • bell4.jpg
    bell4.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 2,052
  • bell8.jpg
    bell8.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 2,046

alleyoop

Occupation
I am the house forman but dont tell her that
It s a NW high cab with air tongs

heavylift

lindemanallen pic from cletrac..... maybe

Attachments

• IMG_0727.jpg
    IMG_0727.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 491

JimInOz

Nice pics.I liked the Graders..still earning their keep & looking better with age..
The watercart looks familiar...is it a Dodge Fuso?

bigrus

Occupation
Joystick attendant
I helped to restore a 6 wheel drive version of that Austin Western blade. I t had the tandem on rear, the swung left and right. Way ahead of it's time with front wheel assist. However the mess of u joints and carrier bearings under the neck was horriblr to maintain. HaHa Ha.

Even the "Clarke 301 Super" I ran new in 1981 had the complete tandem move to articulate. A different idea instead of pins & bushes for an articulation situation.
The joys of competition in the marketplace instead of domination of one brand ;)