• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Old Hy-Hoe

Robert1974

Occupation
Project Manager / Estimator
I just picked up a 680B does anyone know where I can get some manuals??????

td25c

I can get you the part numbers for the 3300 but the problem is they won't mean anything to a parts supplier today .

The good news is these folks can handle about any part on that machine .

http://www.brake.com/

I generally give them a call with a contact name & then UPS them the item .

Last time it was brakes on the Fiat - Allis hd16 dozer .
They charged me $ 550.00 to reline the brake bands , I was happy with that .

td25c

Still some around hammerdwn20 .

Problem is the operator caint figure out how to up load a video ...... They just know how to pull levers :D

hammerdwn20

Occupation
pipeline
Still some around hammerdwn20 .

Problem is the operator caint figure out how to up load a video ...... They just know how to pull levers :D
if you are able to send it to me i can upload them. I found a 685 for sale just have to go check it out

hammerdwn20

Occupation
pipeline
just bought an original sales brochure off ebay for the 680 and 685b. looking forward to learning some more about them

td25c

We moved the 3300 to a demo job .

Part of the building will stay intact & back half will come down . Will try to get some video of it .

Best part is I get to climb on top & saw the building in half first . Good thing I took that Building Trades class in High School . :)

Should be interesting & hope for the best ... I don't heal up as fast as I used to .:D

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
We moved the 3300 to a demo job .

Part of the building will stay intact & back half will come down . Will try to get some video of it .

Best part is I get to climb on top & saw the building in half first . Good thing I took that Building Trades class in High School . :)

Should be interesting & hope for the best ... I don't heal up as fast as I used to .:D

Look twice and cut once td25. Make sure you are standing on a stable and safe area. We need you around.

td25c

Good advice old - iron !

Roof is 12 / 12 pitch . First thing is build a ladder to work off of while sawing it in half .
Grove crane is on site as well to provide lifting needs & tether point for a safety line in case I get a little wild on top .

Will have to remove some tin off the roof first so we can make the saw cut .

No idea how these jobs land in my lap ? Just when I thought I was out they pull me back in .... LOL :)

Last edited:

td25c

Got my roof ladder built this morning & used it . East side of the roof sawed through ok .

Was able to use a sawzall to cut though the tin & wood .

Rigged a SALA self retracting life line on the hook between the slings .

I don't heal up as fast as I used to .:)

Worked pretty good with the 50 ' line as I was able to climb down & hook the harness to the outrigger when swapping tools .

http://www.capitalsafety.com/afadmin/Pages/ProductDetails.aspx?prodId=6480

100_4155.JPG 100_4158.JPG 100_4156.JPG

td25c

We got done prepping the building today . Had my helper with me ... He rummaged around picking up items of interest . LOL! Wish I was that age again .:)

We will yank it Monday .100_4159.JPG 100_4160.JPG

hammerdwn20

Occupation
pipeline
looking forward to seeing some more of your machine.
I got some original brochures and spec sheets on 680 and 685 machines from canada this week. Looking at them the 685 and 680 are identical except for optional stick and undercarriage widths. 9'10 wide being the standard width with 8' as the option. 32450lb machine weight.

td25c

That would sure be interesting looking at the original brochures on a HyHoe .

I had a pleasant surprise last week . Oil change time for the excavator . Stopped in the NAPA store to grab an oil filter .

Young feller behind the counter asks " What type of machine is this " ?

I reply " 1978 3300 Hy - Hoe excavator " ....... Kid steps away from the computer & pulls a book out from under the shelf ...

Opens it up & looks back at me ... " it's a Hy-Hoe 3300 TT " Correct ?

" yes.... it sure is ! " :D

He walked back & grabbed the filter .

Good parts feller is priceless .:cool:

td25c

100_4168.JPG Rigged the GMC up first thing this morning . Someone planted the sycamore tree in the perfect place . :)

Attachments

• 100_4164.JPG
    100_4164.JPG
    743.1 KB · Views: 24

td25c

It came down better then expected , with the momentum the roof all but collapsed .

Spent allot of time prepping cutting brace posts out of the way , these old wood structures are still pretty tough .

No injuries yet :). If ya cant be good ..... Be lucky .:D

We took down about 100' of the building . After we get it cleaned up customer will build a new structure in place and then we will demo the front part of the old building .