• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

old d4 trackloader parts

foley

i have an old d4 cat trackloader that i drug out of the weeds and found out that the engine was stuck drained the oil through the inspection port found alot of antifreeze and then pulled the head i have 1 cracked liner and one other that i think is pretty rust pitted i was looking for a good supplier for aftermarket parts this thing is in pretty bad shape so i dont want to spend much moneyif possible i am an experienced diesel mechanic so the overhaul doesnt scare me its the price of oem cat parts
i have been told that this machine is around a 1952 its got a 7u serial no on an id plate on the block any information would be helpful

Attachments

• DSCN1758.jpg
    DSCN1758.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 1,673

spitzair

Squamish BC (Home), Slave Lake, AB (Work)
I've never seen an old D4 configured with that style of loader... Looks to me like you found a real rare one... When I needed some parts for my 9U D6 I dealt with Ed Miller in Spokane, Wa, he had everything under the sun for an old cat and was very reasonably priced! It's been some time since I dealt with him and have unfortunately lost his contact info but I'm sure somebody on here would have it. Sorry I can't be of any more help. Good luck and have fun with the project!

foley

progress kindof

i got it torn apart it sounds like i can get aftermarket parts for this old girl but they are still not cheap sleeve and piston $175 rod bearings $27 i said that if i could get thisthing goin for $1500 +- i would fix it but i dont know if that is possible until i get the engine all the way apart i cont inframe oh because the loader crossmember is under the oil pan:Banghead great engineering but sometime i will see if its salvagable or if its for sale:beatsme

sgonyo

You may want to check on the Antique Caterpillar (AMOCO) site for a used engine, 7U series D4s were very popular. The loader is an aftermarket attachment. Do you know who manufactored it? I have 2 - HT4 loaders which are a D4 with a Trackson loader attachment.

ianoz

Hi ,There is also another cat forum Antque caterpillar machinery enthusiats that is very good also.ian.