• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Of all the crap to set you back:

Shimmy1

I've always and only named vehicles. The black fender Mack B-61 is "Remedy", the green B-673ST is "Snuffy", The 74 RL-797LST is "Riff-Raff", and the 73 RL-797LST is simply "Tanker" as it's a water truck. The black Dodge has always been called "Krusty", and my white R-612ST is "Belle" which is short takeoff for "Belligerent Bitch". My 68 Barracuda has always been called "Car". The crane body on "Fred" came from a truck called "Oscar" and my first rollback truck was "Hannible". All the family refers to the vehicles by name it's went on so long.
We have names like Pickle, Strawberry, Big Red, Lil Red, Black Mamba, Dirty30, and Old Smoky to name a few.

1693TA

Occupation
FAA Radar Engineer, (Retired)
You could call the castrated or semi-castrated depending if it had no balls or only 1.
I'm surprised I've not killed that truck cause I've certainly pulled the balls, sh*t, guts, etc. out of it over the years. Yet he still has more to give.....

Didn't reinstall anything this evening but I did take the motor apart on the transfer pump cleaning it up, polishing the commutator and lubricating the end bearings for the armature to rotate within. Didn't do anything with "Chump" except give him a pat on the handle for rendering such good service when, and as needed.

I figure old "Krusty" deserves some love and affection so going to change oil, grease, and install a new pitman arm onto the steering gear tomorrow. I have new Firestone tires purchased for him but I've been kind of saving them back to install on the Hobart welder once it's on running gear. Only planning to run him though the end of September this year when the license expires and put him to a pasture retirement. IMO, "he's" earned it.

1693TA

Occupation
FAA Radar Engineer, (Retired)
We have names like Pickle, Strawberry, Big Red, Lil Red, Black Mamba, Dirty30, and Old Smoky to name a few.
Dirty 30 is what our family property has been called since 1969 when it first come into the family. Even has a chainsaw carved oak log for the sign carved out "DIRTY 30" at the entrance gate. That's what everybody calls it to this day. It is the property the dozer, pan, and hopefully soon a medium excavator was/will be purchased to work with.

I did forget to mention I named the dozer "Alli-Kat" as kind of a play on the Allis-Chalmers, and Caterpillar Tractor names. My wife retired from Cat, and daughter currently heads up a business unit of theirs in Peoria. No loyalty to Caterpillar from me, but there is for Allis.