• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Ocala Excavision

Kellogg Report

Yesterday Topcon announced their X-22 excavator system which is a re-branding of the Norwegian DigPilot system mentioned previously.

Bigironjim

Occupation
Lard, wishes, manure, nails, bongo's, flyswatters,
I have run into two systems not mentioned here that are very similar (from what Ive read) to the Ocala system. Trimble GCS Flex, and Trimble DDS300. GCS Flex is hard wired and the screen response is spot on. The DDS 300 ( designed for smaller machines) is wireless, using bluetooth technology. I ran them both and once I learned to listen to the warning sound (similar to a laser grade rod receiver) rather than watch the screen, I could dig to grade accurately and faster than using a rod man on the ground (once I was comfortable with its accuracy)

Kellogg Report

Bigironjim is right.
The reason these systems were not included is that they were not available at the time of my previous post.

ExcaVision

Since this thread is a direct question regarding the Ocala Instruments Depth Monitor, I´d like to use this opportunity to give you some information about the depth monitor. Better late than never.

The basic ExcaVision 7 system(Our Current Model) has 3 wireless sensors on the boom, stick, and the bucket. There is a receiver box in the cab connected to a 7 inch LCD touch screen. It is very easy to operate and install and does improve the quality of the work while saving time. The display has a built in step by step setup manual which makes it very easy to install and calibrate. The system can take it´s reference of a rotating laser or GPS. We recommend the rotating laser because it´s more affordable and the accuracy of the laser is unsurpassed, about 4 times better. The biggest advantage of ExcaVision is that you can do all the work you need without the need for a helper, which automatically saves you money on wages.. Here are few of the applications you can use ExcaVision for:

Depth Monitoring
Grading
Trenching
Sewer work with slope
Layering
Cutting slope
Dredging
Blind cuts
Pile Driving
Keeping breakers/augers plumb

If you need any information don´t hesitate to send me an email or post a question. You can also check www.ExcaVision.com for more information.

All the best,

Thor