• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New to me 955K

FW190D9

Second go round went much easier. I was able to re-install both tilts in half the time it took to do the lift cylinders. Suspended from the forks I was able to maneuver them into position for the love tap from the BFH and they went in easy. Buttoned up the lines and added 10 gal to the system, worked the air out and now ol' Mo is ready for some work. Later I swapped the forks for the bucket on the Kubota(man this thing is useful) and lifted my Daughter and her Husband to paint the name on my newest blind.

E.

Attachments

• IMG_4777.JPG
    IMG_4777.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 75
  • IMG_4787.jpg
    IMG_4787.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 76

FW190D9

Well Mo has been operational now for several months problem free and doing a great job felling large trees and clearing dirt. I decided to get a "little brother" to keep Mo company. Gonna call it "TAZ"
Evan Q.

Attachments

• IMG_5589.jpg
    IMG_5589.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_5590.jpg
    IMG_5590.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_5591.jpg
    IMG_5591.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_5592.jpg
    IMG_5592.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 57

FW190D9

First pic on the trailer at delivery is the "cleanest it will ever be pic" This little beast gets dirty quick!

d9gdon

That's a nice machine.

That mesquite holds south Texas together doesn't it. We have a good bit of it near the river bottoms. Job security for rigs like yours.

FW190D9

Scored the 48 month/3000 warranty with it as well. Hopefully wont have to touch it except blowing dirt out all the time although the reversing fan does a pretty good job of that.
Evan Q.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Nice tool but they obviously don't expect it to last too long only offering a 3000 warranty for it.
readint that made me think a bit about the warranties on our kit. 1 year/6000 as standard and 2 years/12000 if you buy an extended warranty package.

FW190D9

Thanks Nige! Im not too concerned about the hour count. I probably wont hit 500 hrs in 3 years. I was happy to get the "extended" warranty for no extra charge.
E.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Don't forget the hours DMiller and I plan on putting on it! And who knows how many stops it will be making between Missouri and Central NY!:rolleyes:

Clutch

Occupation
QC Manager @ CNC Machine Shop
New guy here lots of great information and help on this site. Had a couple questions about the discussion, pertaining to the undercarriage being a D5. D5 meaning it came off a dozer? Do dozers and track loads have different undercarriage? Is there an easy way to tell?

Nice job fixing up the 955, pictures are great for clarification not being familiar with the machines.

FW190D9

Thanks Clutch. Yes I believe that the chains and grousers came off of a D5 dozer. Most 955s came with triple grouser shoes which didnt have alot of bite and didnt tear up the ground so bad. Dozers like the D5 usually have the single grouser with a taller tooth

Attachments

• Peterson-TrackShoeTripleGrouser.jpg
    Peterson-TrackShoeTripleGrouser.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 18

Clutch

Occupation
QC Manager @ CNC Machine Shop
Thanks Evan, for the response and the information on the grouser.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Only problem with using dozer shoes or extended grouser on a Loader is the side loading when the bucket is full and turning. Is NOT near the same loading as a dozer gets with the blade shoving. Idlers, bottom rollers even sprocket segments will show strange wear patterns, the rails will show excessive wear in spots they normally do not. Have seen truck frames damaged from that if abusively worked.

FW190D9

funny you say that DMiller. I was just contemplating putting the bucket back on. The blade is great for knocking down brush so I can tear it up with Mo's little brother later. However, its miserable for pushing dirt. Has too much tendency to dig since its mounted to the loader frame and not the chassis. Im expanding the shop to accommodate the new machinery and having to push alot of dirt out of the way. My passes end up looking like a dirt bike whoop te do section. I think once the shop is done, Ill pull 'ol Mo inside out of the heat and swap the bucket on. I bought new pins back when I was doing the hydraulics so the BFH will get some more usage.
E.