• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New to me...555e

NCman

Just brought home a 99 New Holland 555e 4x4 with 2800hrs, clamshell loader and 24/36" buckets. Everything works except parking brake. Previous owner just put on new frt tires and had all fluids changed at 2500.00. He also redid most of the cylinders. One stabilizer has a light leak. I paid 15k for it and feel like I did pretty good. Let me know what you think about the price, model and any experiences with this particular machine. Picks soon

Thanks, Daniel

NCman

Pics

Attachments

• 0428172013.jpg
    0428172013.jpg
    920.2 KB · Views: 45
  • 0428172014.jpg
    0428172014.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 42
  • 0428172014a.jpg
    0428172014a.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 43
  • 0428172015.jpg
    0428172015.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 43

hammertime

looks like i nice machine. Was this near a beach? Don't usually see UV fading on east machines. Not many of these in the southwest so i cannot really compare prices or parts. 4 way bucket, 4WD, mild hours, you would be around $24k and up in my neck of the woods. I think you scored. Go dig a hole!

Last edited:

x-ray

Welcome to the pink fender club, kind of reminds me of riding around with a hula skirt on, I also have a pink roof with the cab. It is/was an issue on all of them up to I think ~03, the EU thing made them change the composition of the plastics in that era. At 2800hrs you done good especially at that price IMO. The one main thing I don't like is the twist 4-1clam other than that, I find it a good machine dollar for dollar. My stabilizers leak down after a few days or so as well...

NCman

It has spent its time here in western NC. I'm going to shine it up with some "wipe new". That stuff makes old paint look new for at least a year. I'll post results. As far as the fenders...Ill probably coat them with some of that spray on peel off rubber. I think mine is missing the plastic on the roof? Why don't you like the twist 4&1?

x-ray

The rubberizer is prolly your best bet, I've thought about that too, mines seems to be flaking the top of the plastic off, so a wipe might not cut it. I don't like the twist as its a fidgit operation rather than a slide switch/or other valve for fully open close, so I have to play way longer then I would like to pickup logs...

NCman

Well shiz! Since you mentioned your roof was also fading I went to look at mine.... mine is gone. It was there when we loaded it for transport so it must have caught wind and blown off. Now I have no hazards or beacon....:(
Any idea what a new one will cost? I bet its costly.
As far as wipe new... they have some for plastic only and then then some for plastic, metal... I have used the plastic version on faded paint and it renews it nicely and if done right via directions it has no oily feel and last for a good year.

x-ray

Ha yep can't make that stuff up huh. I have not found an aftermarket or such for one, I did see some on e-bay a while back being parted out, but wait for it... no roofs.. Mine is sporting a nice redneckified fix after the only small tree around were I park it snapped in a wind storm and smashed a bit of the back section. I would imagine there just about (full cab vs open) the same, but its like one piece, but two parts if that makes sense. It has a top top, and then the under side w a void in the middle. So I put hard and expanding foam in that area and put sheet metal with adhesive over the cracked out area. I thought about welding a square frame around it and then just putting sheet or something over it, kind of like a cover over the whole top.

HardmanGT

PM me your address and I will be happy to send you some of the best trim restorer made! I am involved in the detail industry professionally, playing with big toys is just a fun hobby.

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
We have a couple of 675s. One has around 11000 hrs and the other is closer to 15000. No real issues. They are machines that have no dedicated operators, so they don't see regular grease jobs or much TLC. They start in the cold way better than the newer Lb95 or Lb110. Good buy

NCman

PM me your address and I will be happy to send you some of the best trim restorer made! I am involved in the detail industry professionally, playing with big toys is just a fun hobby.
Thanks for the offer but I just finished detailing it and am now in the process of moving from current address.

We have a couple of 675s. One has around 11000 hrs and the other is closer to 15000. No real issues. They are machines that have no dedicated operators, so they don't see regular grease jobs or much TLC. They start in the cold way better than the newer Lb95 or Lb110. Good buy
THATS REASSURING. THANKS

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
Our fenders are still yellow, but I was out sweeping streets with the loader today, and saw a 675 with the pink fenders

x-ray

Then Umm I hate to tell you we cannot allow you into the club.:( Now we could help you colorize them pink if you'd like.:D Is yours a late98-->~2003?
Hardman I might just take you up on it, but the effected plastic has turned completely through, not just surface oxidation. That's not to say I don't have other stuff I could try something on...

NCman

After some cleaning...
wipe new on the paint gave it some color and shine
Black rubber spray on fenders fixed the pink skirt.

Attachments

• 0502171317.jpg
    0502171317.jpg
    822.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 0502171317a.jpg
    0502171317a.jpg
    749.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 0502171317b.jpg
    0502171317b.jpg
    624.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 0502171317c.jpg
    0502171317c.jpg
    766.2 KB · Views: 17

x-ray

Umm sorry NC you are now out of the club too, might become a highly selective thing.. The rubberizer looks good. Funny thing is I think my same side fender is cracked in the exact same spot.

JD8875

Good score! I bought a 555E 2wd with ext-hoe last summer for a storm drain project and have fell in love with it. 1800 hours on a 99 model with pink fenders for $10K. Fixed a hydraulic hose leak on the main return hose and so far it's been a great machine. Only wish it was a 4wd but then it wouldn't have been such a bargain....

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
Then Umm I hate to tell you we cannot allow you into the club.:( Now we could help you colorize them pink if you'd like.:D Is yours a late98-->~2003?
Hardman I might just take you up on it, but the effected plastic has turned completely through, not just surface oxidation. That's not to say I don't have other stuff I could try something on...
They are an 01 and 03. Ours came with the flip down forks. I found them a pain in the ass if you wanted to backdrag away from a building. One of them was parked at a job site, and someone stole the forks. Funny thing, they took out the bolts, pulled the slide bar, took the forks, put the bar back on, and tightened the bolts. I always liked the way their bucket was made, and find it great for spreading material.