• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New Holland LS-150 Skid Steer

ccrider966

I bought an LS-150 NH and like it so far. I would like to know if anyone here is familiar with these. I need a service manual and a jack kit to tilt the cab for maintenance. I have a slight coolant leak I have not found the source yet. I removed the belly pan and the side panels and will continue the search. Anybody have this problem?
It seems you need to tilt the cab to get to anything on the engine, has anyone here done that. Could it be done without the jack kit from NH?
The only thing I don't like is that you cannot tow the vehicle without the engine running the hydrostat transmission. What will I ever do if it breaks down out in the field? NH should have made provision for that!

Dwan Hall

Occupation
Self Employed
Bobcat has a couple of valves you can open to allow the oil to bypass the pumps inorder to tow a max of 50'. maybe NH has the same?

ccrider966

Hydrostat Release Valves

I wish NH had one of these! I am pretty sure they don't but I really don't understand how they could have made a product like this without one! I have read all thru the owners manual and asked around to no avail.

smick

Occupation
MFG Engineer / Mechanic
Does anyone know if the new holland machines do have a release valve for towing/loading when the machine will not start?

piv

Does it make a difference if the engine is running if you need to tow a new holland a few feet? My old L775 won't move but everything else works ok. I'de sure appreciate any ideas? Hopefully its a filter in a pump? thanks

Randy88

To answer the question of the first person about tilting the cab, yes I have and no you don't need a tilt kit, simple as can be but the bobcat was nicer just two bolts and up it goes, but the problem was you still couldn't get at as much as the new holland tilted up. You just unbolt half dozen bolts and use two lever chain hoists, one to raise it and one to lower it once you overcenter it and a sawhorse to set it on once you have it down, you need to unhook the heater hoses to the cab if you have cab heat and it might even state in the operators manual what bolts to take out but I bought a new shop manual when I buy a piece of machinery so it was all in there as to how to do it not real tough but you need to pull the cab over using something to pull against like a bumper of a pickup and also to lower in onto saw horses you have to hook a hoist to the back of the skidsteer to lower it down once its overcenter. The kit consists of a threaded rod to hook to the front chain down between the tires and a bracket to bolt it to the cab, kinda a rip off in price to do what needs doing I thought and nobody I talked to in the repair shops had one either they just did it the way I explained, about an hour to tilt it and another to put it back. To help out the coolant leak use an inspection mirror, now there is a coolant drain on the side of some of the blocks, just a petcock and sometimes mine vibrates open and just give it a small turn and that solves the problem, as to towing it I thought there was a way to lock out the hydros so it could be towed but I have almost 4000 hours on this one and never needed it yet, 6000 hours on the last one and 5000 hours on the skidsteer before that, I also have a NH 190 and that has 1300 hours on it. 300-400 buys most service manuals for the nh skidsteers or just talk to the shop tecks at a nh store and they will most of the time let you read theirs for nothing maybe buy them a beer or donuts during break time every now and then and they'll be fairrly helpfull most anytime, remember as one mechanic told me the pays the same if they tell me how to fix or they have to do the fixing, my machine or someone elses doesn't matter to them.

Randy88

PIV did it die all at once or was it sluggish over time and then died, could be a lot of different things, the New hollands have a problem with water condensation in the oil resivoirs and taking out hydro pumps and drives, did mine on my 565 last winter, you should change the hydro oil once a year reguardless of hours, when we took mine apart the pump drive splines were shot anyway, wouldn't have gone long before it took a giant sh-t and wouldn't have moved anyhow but we cought it in time and the rebuild wasn't too bad, figure if it'll last another 4000 hrs I won't have it that long anyway to worry about, how many hours are on it? Any history, filter changes, pump rebuilds, low oil, I never had a 775 or that series before but chat with the shop tecks at a nh store or several stores, I consult with about 6 different stores, each store has about 4-8 mechanics and thats a lot of brains to draw knowledge from. I just had a glow plug go bad on my 565 and tried for two weeks to get it out without twisting it off and finally came across one of the guys who said to try rocking it back and forth and have someone else start it up and keep rocking it back and forth for 30 seconds if it doesnt come loose quit and wait until it cools off and try again but only for 30 seconds after startup, I thought he'd fallen off the deep end but sure enough after trying it twice it snapped loose and spun out slick as pie, thats a trick that mechanic used years ago on stubborn head bolt that was impossible to get at with anythng else and he remembered it and told me, we were out of options other than take the head off and drill it out.

piv

thanks randy88

Hi Randy88 and thanks a lot for your reply. I had lent the machine to a friend and am trying to sell it so I was pretty panicky. Its been a great machine and runs great but I just don't use it that much anymore. After inspecting it I found the spline that went into the back of the pump had come loose and wasn't engaging the gear drives on both sides. It is sort of a bracket that encirlces the drive shaft and it is bolted to the rear of the pump. I was sure relieved to discover it was a relatively simple problem because I saw all kinds of bad scenarios when neither chain would engage. At first I thought the pump was just low on oil but as I added oil I could see it flowing out the back of the pump where the shaft had slipped out. Thanks for the reply and good luck.