• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New from San Diego

Barn Owl

Occupation
Welding instructor
Hi all,
My name is Mike and I am not a heavy equipment operator, although I have trained welders who fix them when they break. I have been a welding instructor at a local college for 17 years. I hot rod classic cars/trucks and I combine those two skills into art.
I typically adopt a practice of “if it doesn’t exist or you cannot afford it and you need it, build it!

Barn Owl

Occupation
Welding instructor
I guess I should explain my handle “Barn Owl” as I stated above, I hot rod classic cars. There is a term in the hot ridding world called “barn find” which means a car that has been all but forgotten in grandpa’s barn and it has been saved from rotting away. I am the owl who searches old barns for classic iron.

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
Hi, Mike. Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums.

You don't need to be an operator to fit in around here. Your mindset is shared by much of our population. And if you hadn't noticed it yet, we have a Welding subforum beneath the Shop talk forum. With your background you might find yourself on the answering end of some questions there.