• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New family member - 1966 Austin Western Super 300

np.mdbr

Hi folks,

I recently acquired a 1966 Austin Western Super 300 that is in pretty nice shape apart from one hydraulic leak. Serial number is V366-10630.

I also recently enjoyed browsing through Dwan Hall's restoration of his AW grader - extremely impressive!

My first two questions for this forum are:

1. Where's the best source for an operator and/or service manual for this serial number? There is one PDF online that seems pretty decent but it appears to be for older models. It's the kind of thing I'm looking for, though.
2. I need to replace the seals in the right-rear steering cylinder. How hard is it to get those things out? I've searched around on the 'net but haven't found any videos or commentary about doing this particular job.

Thanks all.

np.mdbr

@shopguy I sincerely hope so! I love the grader and its classic look. This is my first piece of heavy equipment so expect some n00b questions from me, but not afraid to get my hands dirty! :)

Alusium

Email sent. Let me know if it worked. Not too good at this kinda stuff, so, if it didn’t work, I’ll ask my wife to help me.

np.mdbr

@Alusium I received it just fine - huge thanks! I think what I need now is to find the service manual that talks about how to properly maintain the machine, etc. If you have any good leads on that, please let me know!