• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New Bobcat E-35 (R model)

diga

Hi there guys, just wondered if anyone has the new E35 Bobcat (R model) and that had the previous model as a comparison
yet?
In Australia the new "R" model has only just arrived (last week), not officially released yet but my local dealer showed me one hidden away, unfortunately in their wisdom the Australian importer has decided to bring them in with the 24hp Motor (E35i) instead of the 33hp model, the dealer is trying to tell me the 24hp model has the same breakout performance and cycle times as the 33hp model, something doesn't quiet add up to me.
But the 33hp model can be ordered in from the factory at an extra cost, funny thing is on Bobcat US website they only list one Model and that is with the 33hp engine!
I'm guessing when I do a test drive on the new one it wont feel like my current one with the 33hp Kubota engine which is a magic motor in the older E35 series.

melli

24hp?! Hmmm...I guess to meet tier 4 emissions, they are going for broke on engine size. I think an E35 is similar in size to my machine (331). Yet, my machine has a 40hp motor in it. Zero emissions controls...lol
While I do go through diesel at a faster clip than the newer machines, I've never seen it as a problem. These small machines don't really guzzle unless your giving it (and hopefully, someone is paying you).

I've often wondered how a machine with almost half the oompf can out dig my machine. I know they have auto throttle and whatnot, but I have to wonder if pumps have gotten that much better. I have to wonder about the longevity of a machine with a 24hp motor. Like sticking a 4-banger in a caddy...lol

I agree with you, go for the 33hp motor. My dream machine is the E42, but my steed is doing the job, and I know it well, so why mess with a good thing. It's the bloody electronics in newer machines that irritate me. Stuff that requires more than a multi-meter to fix. I know a lot of mini drivers, and very very few put in a full day in one (bigger machine operators will put in a full day in theirs). Usually, a few hours landscaping, or digging a trench, yet they have packed in all these electronics like someone plans to live in one.