• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Need to buy used Cat 943,953 or 963

gobsan

I'v noticed no change in smoke it seems to me quite normal, no leaks on the turbo.
I gonna visit it tommorow if God says and I will take some videos to show how things are going on.
Thanks.

ITAMECH61

HI GOBSAN check de oil leaks on the seals of the crank shaft, the oil pan, and other components, finaly check the clerance betwen the valves shafts on the bearing in the head of the enginne

gobsan

Attachments

• 20160205_083822.jpg
    20160205_083822.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 101
  • 20160205_083829.jpg
    20160205_083829.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:

gobsan

Hello every body, I have some problem with my cat 955L it doesnot start after it is been set off for some 5 hrs, at first it was taking long time to start but now it wont start at all I've checked the heaters and they were in good condition so what are the possible problem of this issue?
thaks.

kshansen

Hello every body, I have some problem with my cat 955L it doesnot start after it is been set off for some 5 hrs, at first it was taking long time to start but now it wont start at all I've checked the heaters and they were in good condition so what are the possible problem of this issue?
thaks.

I'm thinking it is cranking over with the starter fine?

If it is cranking over and not starting is there any smoke coming out of the exhaust?

If there is no smoke it sounds like it's not getting fuel. Guess I would start by checking fuel filters and fuel strainer.

Was it running good when it was shut down?

One place to check that some people do not know of is the small fuel strainer mounted to the bottom of the drive for the injection pump. It is held on with a thumb screw and after the little cup is off the strainer unscrews from the housing. I have circled it below in red:

955L-fuel strainer.png

Do not take this wrong, but is there fuel in tank?

Last edited:

gobsan

I'm thinking it is cranking over with the starter fine?

If it is cranking over and not starting is there any smoke coming out of the exhaust?

If there is no smoke it sounds like it's not getting fuel. Guess I would start by checking fuel filters and fuel strainer.

Was it running good when it was shut down?

One place to check that some people do not know of is the small fuel strainer mounted to the bottom of the drive for the injection pump. It is held on with a thumb screw and after the little cup is off the strainer unscrews from the housing. I have circled it below in red:

View attachment 153427

Do not take this wrong, but is there fuel in tank?

No smoke at all, and when it was shutdown it was running good.
The operator also did some thing I guess may couse problem in the future, he touched some bansin to some were in the air fielter and it started normally, he noticed me that he used start this method for the last two days.
Some mechanic I showed suggested that problem comes from the injection pump(Diesel Inizione). Is that posible?