• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

need help

stuck

Is there anyone who knows of a good excavator problem consultant that would come to job site and find a problem of a function. We have a dr ex but it says we don"t have a problem. We have an idle and travel problem. We live near Logansport indiana.

stuck

dealers in my area want you to take it to them. Then through parts at it until its fixed. it is a hitch ex330lc-5

movindirt

Most of the big name dealers (Cat, Deere, Case) should have a service truck if not 2 or 3, I'm surprised your deere dealer can't take a look at it seeing as though Deere and Hitachi machines are more or less the same.

stuck

JD dealer said they work on JD only. I told them Hitichi was the same as JD and he said not quite and I told him the only difference was the engines.

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
They know the difference, it's stamped on the side of the cab. Probably just a brand thing, and they won't cross brands.

Tractorguy

How old of a machine are you working on? Software is simply saying there's no code? Kinda strange a Deere dealer won't work on it.

stuck

I have a 1999 ex330lc-5 have tracking problem. All pressures are fine. Holding individual sides pump per side reads 5800lb pressure. When normal travel both read around 4000lbs. After about 20ft the one side drops off to1000lbs. Pilot pressure to both track valves hold pressure and do not drop off with the one track.

mikebramel

Excellent that you've base lined it. Now you need to figure out if the pump volume is being cut back by the controls (monitor the solenoids on the pump and the pilot pressure) or if the volume is staying the same and the resistance is being lost down stream

stuck

We hooked up the Dr. ZX and monitored everything and when we start to move the pump delivery pressure is what is dropping. the pump flow control stays the same with both pumps. also the pilot pump pressure stay the same for both pumps. Then we went and unplugged the SI solenoid and when that one is unplugged the tracks and everything works fine, but then we can kill the machine by booming out and bottoming it out. We adjusted it a little but it didn't change anything. We have replaced the center swivel block for the tracks and have done the flow check at the track travel motors and couldn't find a difference between the two, even when the one started to act up.