• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

need help

fireman050

Occupation
construction & volunteer firefighter
i just took over the family business i was wondering what should i charge per hour to run my equipment

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Well, that would depend on alot of things. We would be glad to help but need some more information.

A list of your equipment spread and the type of business you own, would be a good start.

There are plenty more things to take into consideration but those should get the ball rolling.

fireman050

Occupation
the equipment i have is a kobelco sk150 excavator a case 850glt dozer and a brandnew kubota m5040 with loader and boxblade and bush hog attachments we mostly do land clearing and pond work and some demo work

Last edited:

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
Looking at you location, I see only "jackson". Is that Jackson Mississippi? The reason I ask is because, hourly rates will vary widely from one location to another. The same equipemt in say, New Jersy, would probably bill out substantially higher...

fireman050

Occupation
the area i mostly work is hinds,madison,and rankin county