• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Need help with plumbing a log splitter on my New holland EC25

stangkid14

Occupation
Sign Installer
Hey guys i am at a loss as why my splitter is not working on my excavator. I am pretty sure I have it plumbed right. only one of the hoses is jumping when i press the pedal. the other is not. I am not getting any movement of the ram.. I removed the one hose that was not jumping around when pressing the pedal and the ram moved about 3-4 inches in both directions with the pedal, which confuses me even more? Do i not have a 2 way valve on this machine for running a splitter or auger attachment? I attached pictures of how i have it hooked up along with the owners manual pages so you guys can offer some advice or see if i am doing something wrong? thanks in advance20160311_170136_resized.jpg20160311_170831_resized.jpg20160311_170844_resized.jpg20160311_170852_resized.jpg20160311_182759_resized.jpg

Last edited:

stangkid14

Occupation
Sign Installer
]Hey guys i am at a loss as why my splitter is not working on my excavator. I am pretty sure I have it plumbed right. only one of the hoses is jumping when i press the pedal. the other is not. I am not getting any movement of the ram.. I removed the one hose that was not jumping around when pressing the pedal and the ram moved about 3-4 inches in both directions with the pedal, which confuses me even more? Do i not have a 2 way valve on this machine for running a splitter or auger attachment? I attached pictures of how i have it hooked up along with the owners manual pages so you guys can offer some advice or see if i am doing something wrong? thanks in advance
20160311_182759_resized.jpg20160311_170852_resized.jpg20160311_170844_resized.jpg20160311_170831_resized.jpg20160311_170136_resized.jpg20160311_182759_resized.jpg20160311_170852_resized.jpg20160311_170844_resized.jpg20160311_170831_resized.jpg20160311_170136_resized.jpg

lantraxco

Should be a bidirectional circuit. If the coupler is the same, try hooking one hose to the low pressure return line, the lonely one on the left hand side, furthest away from the machine. Then try moving the splitter both ways. Should travel easily one way, and not at all the other. Swap hoses and try again, should move the other way. Then swap the hose from one pressure line coupler to the other. It's possible you have a quick coupler that is not opening.

I am guessing the reason it would move both directions a little with only one hose connected is that the end with the disconnected hose had enough air in it to act like a spring?

stangkid14

Occupation
Sign Installer
You are exactly right with everything you said. I was just messing with it and got it working, only the return side quick connect has a black rubber seal in it that is torn and its pissing fluid out. but its going back and forth now. I just have to get a new quick connect coupler now if they cant put a new oring in it for me. thank you for your reply

Tags

I believe you need to turn the hex nut that is below the steel line on that valve block. It should open the valve to allow oil to flow.

lantraxco

I believe you need to turn the hex nut that is below the steel line on that valve block. It should open the valve to allow oil to flow.

I think that should be for the other set of quick couplers, when using the bucket cylinder lines for another function.

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
If the order of the replies seems a little odd, it's because this is a perfect illustration of why cross-posting the same content in two different forums is considered poor "netiquette."

Since both threads had replies, I've just merged them.

I'm glad you got it working too. :)

Delmer

I just have to get a new quick connect coupler now if they cant put a new oring in it for me.

I think you can change that o ring with a pencil if you don't have picks. Way easier to change it on there than to take it off and put back on.

bmckenzie

Occupation
self employed
Tell us how it works!. I have had this exact setup in mind for some time , waiting for time for the project and in the meantime my back hurts for splitting all that wood. I want to know if its hard to pick up a round out of the pile ( the beam is pretty long)???

stangkid14

Occupation
Sign Installer
If the order of the replies seems a little odd, it's because this is a perfect illustration of why cross-posting the same content in two different forums is considered poor "netiquette."

Since both threads had replies, I've just merged them.

I'm glad you got it working too. :)

I apologize, i posted it in the regular "excavators" subsection then realized there was one for mini's and posted it there and could not delete my original thread. thanks for taking care of that

stangkid14

Occupation
Sign Installer
Tell us how it works!. I have had this exact setup in mind for some time , waiting for time for the project and in the meantime my back hurts for splitting all that wood. I want to know if its hard to pick up a round out of the pile ( the beam is pretty long)???

This thing is badass. I highly recommend it. I built this to pick up and split the monster rounds that i cant lift to put in my splitter and its just great. It has so much power i was cutting 12" rounds against the grain. I paid $850 for the 3pt splitter from tractor supply and had my friend waterjet the 1/2" plate and I welded it and painted it. The lines I had made for about $150. I am all in this about $1200 plus time. it would have been a breeze had the hydros not stumped me.

stangkid14

Occupation
Sign Installer
I am also planning on trying to spin the cylinder 180 degrees to put the line fittings up in the air facing the machine and more protected then where they are now

bmckenzie

Occupation
self employed

Thanks for the link !, also I was thinking of hooking it up to the thumb circuit and I am concerned about the power as the relief is turned down so the bucket can overpower thumb and not break anything. I don't want to have to readjust pressures when I split firewood then back again when I am done. Do you know what pressure you are running on that axillary circuit ??

stangkid14

Occupation
Sign Installer
Thanks for the link !, also I was thinking of hooking it up to the thumb circuit and I am concerned about the power as the relief is turned down so the bucket can overpower thumb and not break anything. I don't want to have to readjust pressures when I split firewood then back again when I am done. Do you know what pressure you are running on that auxilary circuit ??

No I am not sure what pressure I am running.