• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

NEED guidance

Eric D

Need some help. I have a real old case w14. It has never gave me trouble in the past we bought it used in 85 ued it to silage out in muddy cinditions to our milk cows. Now i use it to ger chicken litter out of houses. Problen I'm having is Thu the front wheels stopped pulling. Thar makes it real hard to get a good bucket of litter hauled out. The backend lifts up and tirea spin and its wet inside and outside chicken house. Talked to my uncle he said some gear in the front hub must be stripped. Before i tear into this thing i would like to know what to expect and what I can do to make it easier to fix. Thanx in advance

Delmer

Obtain three clean white buckets. Drain the oil from the front end and examine the junk that settles to the bottom of the bucket. Drain each of the planetaries separately into their own bucket. That will tell you what you need.

Eric D

Thanks Delmer for the info. I understand I'll see metal shavings and slivers on the side thats stripped. I'll have to take that side aparr correct? How do i know what gears are messed up when i get the cover off. Figured out the frontend (where the chunk is) was bone dry. What kinda oil should i refill it with and are both sides of hubs filled separately

Delmer

If it's dry, reach up there with a pipe cleaner or rag on a wire, and see what you can pull out. More than likely you'll find bigger than slivers or shavings if it's not working and dry. If you use your finger, be careful.