• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

My dream build service truck

RyanL

Occupation
owner of Leasure's AG Repair,LLC
Sorry guys havent been on here in awhile. The truck hasnt made much progress. I just been working out of the loaner truck. Been staying pretty busy. Im hoping to get back on my truck when weather breaks.

driveshed

Hi Ryan
I been reading this post you got and man I have to say you do nice work , Its nice to see guy's take pride in their business and work. I am looking at doing a new service truck build this yr. I have to do it on the cheap because I just put up the new 48'x40' shop this fall. Not done yet but working on it when there is no equipment in .
DaveH

RyanL

Occupation
Thanks for compliments guys. I try to have sinse of pride in everything i do. Thats kind of a rare thing nowadays ive noticed by looking around at other guys or younger people (not that i am very old). But they all kind just do bare minium half a** thing and wonder why they don't get paid very much or cant better them selves. As for my truck its far from perfect the bed was a very used very rough and some of this shows inside the boxes. The sides are warped or lil things here and there but i feel like it will be fine at the end of the day its paid for and thats what matters.

I also believe first impressions matter you roll into a job with a janky as* truck or peice equipment people are already judging you. They think man if he dont care anymore about his stuff than this, whats he think about mine. Or whatever lol. Anyways im also side tracked with the planning of a new shop 50x80x26 with a used bridge crane. Ive always wanted one and i want to expand my business and be able do component rebuilds, farm tractors, frame stretching or whatever. its a big money gamble but the old saying goes " got spend money to make money" or " spend money on things that make you money & you will always have money". Sorry bout long post

RyanL

Occupation
Got new wireless remote system for crane and throttle solnoid for high idle

RyanL

Occupation
image.jpgimage.jpg started roughing in torch box doors. Need drill for hinges and make latches and put vents in box. Then roughed in another box under crane with opening facing the inside. I plan on building more boxes on driver side. Then making a topper so to speak to cover the welder and be tall enough to walk in and have dry storage. With walk-in doors in the bed to access this area. You may notice the crane snatch block is inside the torch box, well im going to make a little box for it drop in with a drain pipe to ground for water to run out. I kind of hate hooking and unhooking the snatch block to the boom. I seen similar setup on a buddy of mines truck. But it was just little box bolted to top of bed.

2stackmack

Mack

Not sure if the picture will show up but it's my service truck 1977 mack r600 was reading the post and I love the color was wondering if you have finished yet?

Attachments

• 20161018_130950.jpg
    20161018_130950.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 438
Reactions: DB2

RyanL

Occupation
Glad you like the truck, its not finished yet. Seems like paying jobs always come first. but the paint guy actually just looked at it again last night and its on his schedule for first of the year to finish. I like the mack i seen that truck online for sale i think.

2stackmack

Mack

Yes it was bought it quite a few months ago I had a 2012 f350 6.7 service truck over weight not enuff room at all but it got me by was looking into building one but was on a time crunch and found this gem while sitting on the hopper and it wasn't too far from me so I took a peak and fell in love! I wanted something pre emissions and pre ecm, pcm, tcu, ........ pretty bad I trust the older trucks more than I did my ford lol I had f450s and ram 5500s working for other companies but I wanted to be able to pull a 20ton trailer and they just won't do it now I'm just in need of a crane! Can't wait to see your finished product

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1475790772400.jpg
    FB_IMG_1475790772400.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 372
  • 20161117_084846.jpg
    20161117_084846.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 374

RyanL

Occupation
trucks still not done but major milestone i got crane to work. I've never seen this crane work, and the fact that i had the whole frame and crane supports cut out and replaced them, and put outriggers on off a 8000lb knuckle boom. it makes me happy to see it holding 3600lb compactor 18ft out to side. over look the cable being twisted its junk needs replaced.image.jpgimage.jpg

FSERVICE

glad to see that you are still working on it!!! its shapeing up really nice. it will be last you for many many years when its finished.

RyanL

Occupation
yep still working on it little at a time, never dreamed it take this long. It gets moved in and out of the shop alot, paying jobs got to come first.

RyanL

Occupation
few more pics of process

Attachments

• IMG_1717.JPG
    IMG_1717.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_1731.JPG
    IMG_1731.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 70