• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

My 580 SuperE has a air leak at the stem?

ottawamerc

Hi All

I'm very new to this "heavy equipment thing" I just bought a 82 580 super e to work around my house. Well so far I have some issues, new one today is my rear tire has a lot of air coming out around the valve stem @ the rim? are these tires tubless or tubed?

Thanks in advance.

I think this forum will be visited alot by me for abit.:notworthy

ottawamerc

Ok so I found out it has a tube! now do you guys think I might be able to remove the tube at home? maybe break the bead with the front loader? Oh yeah what is the proper tire pressure?

Phil

Occupation
retired operator and mechanic
I've changed them using the loader bucket to break the bead. I think I used a couple of 4x4's on either side, close to the rim. I remember having to put the hoe down and push to get more weight up front. Run just enough air to keep the tire from bulging out, I think around 25, just a common sense thing. I had an E with radials on it once, that's a little different. Phil:)