• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Mustang Skid Steer 2054 Troubleshoot

TSanders

I have a mustang Skid Steer 2054 with hand and foot pedal controls. It has a 4TNV88-Ems Diesel engine in it and it was rebuilt before it was sent to us. We have never been able to start it without starter fluid and after we get it started it dies bought 15 minuts after fire up. i havnt been able to find anything online about the ems model yanmars and i am not a diesel mechanic so and insight or help on troubleshooting would be apreciated, jesus bless guys

mikebramel

After 15 minutes you can make sure there is still fuel pressure at the injection pump and the fuel solenoid still has power and is working

Occupation
I operate our pit, as well as deliver materials, a
The fuel injection pump shut off solenoid must open to turn fuel "on".
Have an assistant watch it while turning key into on position. Should have an audible click. You could tie the fuel on and off solenoid into the on position with a piece of mechanics wire then try to start it. The Fuel injection pump shut-off solenoid will have 3 wires . One is a ground, one is a pull and one is a hold. The Run position on the key switch puts power to the hold position and the start position on the key switch puts power to the pull position. Check for power and ground.

Last edited:

apetad

Occupation
Compact Construction Equipment Sales
Make sure the little lever on the Yanmar fuel filter housing is in the correct position! (And stop using ether or you wasted your rebuild money)