• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Multi deck/size static Grizzly

bruderbebas

Hi Guys,
We are thinking of building the attached setup. Has anyone ever tried this before? If so, did it work? We need to separate large rock into 3 different weight ranges and would really like not to re-handle.
Any tips or advise, gladly listened too.

Cheers Guys
Simon

Attachments

• Grizzly.jpg
    Grizzly.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 726

ol'stonebreaker

Occupation
retired
The angle looks awfully steep, so you may get undersizes in your middle and large bins due to velocity of travel across the bars.
Mike

bruderbebas

Angle

The angle looks awfully steep, so you may get undersizes in your middle and large bins due to velocity of travel across the bars.
Mike
Hi Mike,

We have reduced the angle to 43 degrees rather than 45 which seems to be the normal angle for most standard designs. We can go back to 40 or flatter if required but his reduces the room for undersize at the top of the Grizzly.
We have also looked at cutting another slot into the face to provide another bay for undersize.
What angle would you recommend with velocity in mind without increasing the risk of screen blockage?
Cheers
Simon

digger doug

Occupation
Thrash-A-Matic designer
Shooting from the hip here, I would think without powered vibration (just gravity) the moisture content
will cause problems. The moisture level will vary from day to day, and the angle will need to be changed
to suit.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Do you have a way of cleaning the grizzly bars of the buildup that is inevitably going to happen as weird-sized rocks get jammed in them..? It's a long way from top to bottom.
Maybe a hydraulic excavator from down below working off the top of the oversize pile..?

ol'stonebreaker

Occupation
retired
Looking at more money, but I'd try to hinge it at the top w/ some long hyd cyls at the bottom to raise and lower it to find the optimum angle. Also mount the grizzly bars slightly closer together at the top so there is a taper opening preventing most, but not all, rocks from getting hung up. For product uniformity I think it should be fed w/ an apron feeder so you have a controlled flow, or a loader hand who's really talented at dumping sloooow and steady. Does your 3 products include -10 or oversize?? I personally believe vibratory grizzly's will give a better and more uniform product. Depending on whether the -10 is product, a grizzly to separate the -10 and a two step grizzly to separate the 10 to 50 and 50 to 300. Handling rock this size I learned a little trick yrs ago w/ apron feeders. Never, ever, let the pads get uncovered unless maintenance is needed. The material laying on them will take the shock of rocks falling in from the loader bucket. And have a hyd arm or backhoe w/ a small bucket to break the inevitable bridges in the feeder.
Good luck,
Mike

bruderbebas

Shooting from the hip here, I would think without powered vibration (just gravity) the moisture content
will cause problems. The moisture level will vary from day to day, and the angle will need to be changed
to suit.
Hi Doug,
There won't be any soil, only rock and hard rock at that. Andesite.
cheers

bruderbebas

Hi Mike,
Under 10 is regarded as waste, we may be able to sell to local crusher for aggregate sales but is not currently part of the model. We have tapered the bars slightly as suggested, good tip on the material to remain on the pad.
Thanks
Simon