• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

More repairs due on this old machine

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
This picture I got when stitch got cut and after office visit. This is what the inside looks like. Axe gash could have driven a truck thru!!

IMG_1970A.jpg

IMG_1972A.jpg

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
Nice lookin job.. are those "spring discs".. it looks like you would have full range of movement w/ those..?? Hope things are going well..

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Discs have a polyurethane center cushion, according to doc should last longer then me!! Far as range of motion I am only limited by the tendons in my neck as to pliable or stretchable. Sorry about the trashy t-shirt, is what I usually wear!

Fig1.jpg

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Been awhile since I posted updates.

Neck is doing fine, had x-rays and MRI with dye for my lower back and the right hip that was driving me nuts. Seems the docs had missed or mis-diagnosed a new comer on the scene. PT techs have been working me over pretty diligently trying to figure out why my right Sacrum Iliac joint keeps rolling forward while I have taken on a scoliosis posture. They roll and adjust the SI joint, get all back aligned and BAM right back. Then a tech challenged my rotational movement finding a serious 'Button' in a certain direction and characteristically same place every time, locked me up like I've never been!

All thought was hip soft tissue injury, dye test said otherwise, then the next eval and last availed appointment, found I may have a Gluteus Medius either torn, ruptured or otherwise just plain mad. Not much can do with it if fully ruptured just exercise the crap out of the other groups in my butt to regain control of the pelvic bone. If only injured can work on it, if torn can approach as the same way they work Rotator Cuff damage, just have to find the right doc. Actually the lower back other than compensating for the SI joint flubup is fine. Damn getting old is getting old!!

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Oh and the scar has already mellowed so far as to be damn near invisible. I am still hacking along, built some shelves in the garage, replaced a bunch of hydraulic lines on the old AC, got my CDL DOT physical and PASSED! otherwise staying busy.

thepumpguysc

Occupation
I feel you pain Miller.. When they did my back, they said my neck was trashed too.. only gave me 5 years from initial diagnosis before I was back in, getting my head sawed off.. that was 2 years ago..

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
A popular old adage 'Had I known then what I would experience now.......' And yes I had not ever considered to live this long given the **** I did as a youth!! But here I am and dealing with it!

thepumpguysc

Occupation
How TRUE how TRUE..
PLAY now, PAY later.. lol
AHHH the stories I could tell.. in a state of "confusion"..I ONCE jumped off the pier in Daytona & missed the water.. you wanna talk about a brain scrambler.. lol
It was NOTHING for me to ride my dirtbike off a 200-300ft sand pit cliff, just to see if I could stay up, when I hit the bottom.. you only do THAT once or twice on a weekend.. then give it time to heal & try it again the next.. lol
I do know, my parents too out life insurance on me.. that's how much of a dare devil I was..
This last surgery took ALL the wind outta my sails. tho.. The wife wont even let me get on an 8ft "A FRAME" fiberglass ladder.. !!

lantraxco

How TRUE how TRUE..
PLAY now, PAY later.. lol
AHHH the stories I could tell.. in a state of "confusion"..I ONCE jumped off the pier in Daytona & missed the water.. you wanna talk about a brain scrambler.. lol
It was NOTHING for me to ride my dirtbike off a 200-300ft sand pit cliff, just to see if I could stay up, when I hit the bottom.. you only do THAT once or twice on a weekend.. then give it time to heal & try it again the next.. lol
I do know, my parents too out life insurance on me.. that's how much of a dare devil I was..
This last surgery took ALL the wind outta my sails. tho.. The wife wont even let me get on an 8ft "A FRAME" fiberglass ladder.. !!

Wives are funny that way... I tried to climb on a 5'4" blonde the other day and I almost had to have surgery.... same kinda thing innit?

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
I try to mount any 5'4" blond and getting the whatever she can plunge into my back from what she can locate quickly may take a crew to remove!! Not sure I would go there!!

BTW the inability to run very well right now is a major handicap to challenge as to the wife and anger!!
There was a radio program years ago jokingly ribbing sports with a Russian Roulette story, the main player having been to many of these and he enters " stumble drag, stumble drag, stumble fumble trip drag, he is almost to the podium!" I resemble that remark!!

I believe was a Bob & Tom show.

Last edited:

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Forgot to add, the little woman shoots better than I that when Angry no doubt can take the wings off a gnat with a .22 at ten yards!!! Cannot run NEAR that fast!