• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Mini Excavator Wood Splitter

TCM

I seen one of these on the internet and I had to have one. I made quick coupler to go along with it. Just trying it out and it seems to work good. It may not be as fast as two guys with a conventional splitter however It beats handling the wood by hand!

Attachments

• IMG_0542R1.jpg
    IMG_0542R1.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 12,390

JGS Parts

Occupation
Owner JGS Machinery
I have seen guys use a hydraulic hammer with a wide chisel on it to split wood before not sure how well it worked it was on a 4.5ton excavator

AirBornOne

Bravo TCM!
I would like to see your coupler and hear about it's construction.
I have an auger attachment I need to put to work as well as a plate compactor to modify and adapt to my little TB016.Then there's the 'ripper-saw' I could use more often with a QC setup.
Keep up the good work.

TCM

Heavy Equp1.jpg

Here is the coupler all tacked up and ready for final welding. One thing I did learn is how much metal moves when it's being welded! I'm by far no expert, just trying to save a few bucks. Draftsight is great for drawing parts to be cut out of plate metal. I need one pin turned down 1/4" and a hole and threads cut for a bolt to retain the link pin and the coupler is finished. I'm starting a tilt mechanism for a 42" bucket and drawing some ears for a couple of bucket blanks I got from USA attachments to fit this coupler. Stay tuned.

glenlunberg

Occupation
Supervisor
Great job! I like your machine. It looks like a monster that will tear any kinds of wood into pieces!