• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Midwest Logging Operations

EGS

Occupation
Local 139 operator
These loggers are cutting right across from my house. We stopped on our way home from ice fishing to take some pictures. You don't see too many mechanical cutters around here. Most loggers are still using hand cutters and cable skidders, some of the bigger outfits have switched to forwarders.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 941
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 943
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 952
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 928

JTL

Occupation
IUOE Local 302
Its always nice to see logging iron from different parts of the country. I've never heard of a 340 Deere skidder before.
Did ya catch any fish?

EGS

Occupation
Local 139 operator
Here is a few more of the log piles. This is the biggest timber sale I have ever seen in this area. Probably won't happen again.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 914
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 916
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 913

EGS

Occupation
Local 139 operator
Its always nice to see logging iron from different parts of the country. I've never heard of a 340 Deere skidder before.
Did ya catch any fish?

The 340 is just a 440 with no turbo and some have smaller tires. Deere only made the 340 in the D series. A couple of my logging buddies have them. I have been looking for a 340 for a while, with no luck. My dad always had 440's and I think one 540 for a while. The 440C is my all time favorite skidder.

We got a few perch and some bluegills. Not a lot of luck with the ice fishing this winter. Everybody that I talk to has been slow.