• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Manaul for Hitaxhi EX 50-URG

captain charlie

Occupation
Home Trade Mstr
Anybody have a manual for a Gray Market Hitachi EX 50 URG. Its a 1992ish model. I have a Parts Book (not alot of help) for this machine but would really like to get a Operators manual or any other books available. I also have the manual for the 3 banger Isuzu engine. New, Used or Photo Copied would be a big help.

Next dumb question is:
What does the URG mean?

Regards
Charlie S

captain charlie

Occupation
Home Trade Mstr
I think they are pretty close. Does your machine have a 3 cyl. Isuzu engine and Uchida Hydromatik pump on it.

Last edited:

strott

Occupation
Mini Excavator and dumper operator
Generally as you may of noticed URG is Hitachi's designation for a short/zero tailswing excavator.

As for what URG actually means I think it is something like Ultra Radius G....... (anybody help??!!

haveit_getit

I have the same machine and need a manual, going to rebuild the engine, has some blue smoke and a little short on pushing power, slight overheating when pushing, can dig and move two ton rocks with ease,
If I can get another 5 to 8 h/p out of the engine it should push ok, if not I will install a variable displacement pump, not sure but think it has a gear pump

captain charlie

Occupation
Home Trade Mstr
I checked with those guys. He said they only had the parts book. Already got that, I have a manual for the Isuzu engine also, but still looking for the proper Ex 50 URG manual. I managed to get a hold of three different manuals so far,one for a EX 60urg a 50u and a 40, so i just interpolated what i need seems to work plus all the good people here (what a weath of information you guys are great) Slowly putting it all together in one book. The next owner will pretty much have a complete manual. What a pain though go figure all these gray market machines and no manuals.

farmerboy

Roberts Creek, Sunshine Coast, British Columbia, C
Occupation
To learn something new every day
Hello everybody, I am in the same boat, gray market, no manual. I have a Cat MM555R midi excavator. It is close to a Cat 305. The engine is a Mitsubishi K4N 2.294. I have to replace the front idler as I have little power in my right track. I have a picture and part #'s from a Cat mechanic friend but he says there is <60% chance it will bolt on. Also problems with throttle control to be determined. Any source of manual especially with measured spec drawings would sure help so I know how much machine shop is required. Anyone who can help with their personal experience or manuals for machine or engine would be very appreciated. Thanks from the farmerboy.

AmberDanyell

I'm in desperate need of parts manual for the hitachi Ex50urg. My dad purchased one and we've been on a roller coaster trying to get things fixed or even finding it. We need a new piston for it, if anyone knows where to find them. The markings on the piston are "B2021". I've been attempting to help the best as I can. Unfortunately we do not know the year either.

Rgauthier

Occupation
Boat captain/ diesel mechanic
I have parts, service/operators manuals and the Isuzu engine service manual for the 2 or 3 AB1 engine.
Hi Captain Charlie, I’m Captain Randy. I run boats at the mouth of the Mississippi River in Louisiana. I have a Ex50urg. I just changed out my swing motor and also my main pump. Everting went back working but my swing won’t swing. It sat up about two years waiting to find parts. I think it’s a stuck valve that’s in bypass somehow. Do you have any manuals on a 50urg? I’d sure appreciate any help.

bp rockfinder

I have parts, service/operators manuals and the Isuzu engine service manual for the 2 or 3 AB1 engine.
Good day Sir. I have just aquired an ex50urg. i was told by the seller it is an 88 model I am looking for parts manuals and any other manuals as I am a newbe to heavy machines. Do you still have the manuals you mentioned in your post?

bp rockfinder

Hi Captain Charlie, I’m Captain Randy. I run boats at the mouth of the Mississippi River in Louisiana. I have a Ex50urg. I just changed out my swing motor and also my main pump. Everting went back working but my swing won’t swing. It sat up about two years waiting to find parts. I think it’s a stuck valve that’s in bypass somehow. Do you have any manuals on a 50urg? I’d sure appreciate any help.
Did you find the manuals you were looking for? I am needing the sme ones for my ex50urg.

WI Farmer

I seen in an old post that you have manuals for a ex50urg... Would you be interested in sharing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.