1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Making trails steep terrain 300 acres brush & trees

Discussion in 'Forestry Operations' started by jimbabwe, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Hobbytime

Hobbytime Senior Member

The power company had a machine like yours, but BIGGER..this thing ate anything in its way and left small chips behind it, im sure it cost several hundred thousand to buy...I cut lots of trails through the woods with my d58 and dressed them with a 75 horse new holland tractor with a box blade....this year I picked up a john deere 355d track loader with a 4 way blade and once the woods dry out enough ill see what trails can be made with that...the trails I made with the d58 were 10 ft wide, as that was the blade size, and as the years go the trails get smaller in width, I would go at least 6 or 8 ft wide the first time through..

2. old-iron-habit

old-iron-habit Senior Member

Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
    When I seen he tail of the truck then it all came back to me. The cool custom bed.

3. treemuncher

treemuncher Well-Known Member

eatin' trees, poopin' chips
    I've been out working a few steep jobs lately. Here are some pics of the new-to-me machine doing its thing. I still need to take some trail pictures.
    DJI_0085a.JPG
    Above: finish quality work
    Below: rough in on same job above
    nygren 1d.jpg

Another overlook in the same subdivision but a wee bit steeper.

mathis after 2.JPG mathis after 4.JPG

check and mikebramel like this.