• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

MacMillan Bloedel Ltd. Red & White Iron, Past and Present....

HDX

It was somewhat uncanny that we were talking about Luke and his H94. I found out the other day that Luke had passed away last Saturday. His son Steven is one of our members on here (Weber) Our thoughts and prayers are with him and his mom Alice through this painful time.

HDX

trakloader Could very well be It has disapeared again so might not ever find out for sure. Will keep an eye out though

callingtheshop

Kennedy Lake Division A Team.jpg Kennedy Lake Division, Shop Crew. Roger, Charlie, Bill, Keith, Bill. Not sure what year this is as I didn't make a note and it's not on the properties. Guessing about 1995.

jackd

Occupation
Airline Mechanic
I had the pleasure of meeting many of my co-workers from Sproat Lake Division last month - these were friends that I had not seen in 35 years, since the day I left the woods in 1982. The occasion was the life celebration for another friend from that time - Tom Russell. Tom passed away in early December at the age of 62. Tom ran Sparmatic and many other machines during his career. He and I would take flights from Port Alberni airport to the east coast on summer nights - the guy was a natural when it came to running machinery.

I had the good fortune to meet my old Hooker - Tom Armich. Tom was a guy who carried a camera with him on many occasions. He has taken the effort to post many pics from these working years on his Facebook site. There is nothing like looking at pics of your first yarder (J-139) and crummy in lovely black and white from your first days on the rigging in 1976. He has approximately 239 pics on his site and I would suggest that anyone lurking here from those old M&B Sproat Lake days, go and spend some time looking through them. I've always wondered why there so few pics of that rather large logging division posted online. Someone mentioned here that many of the pics from the old days are in the hands of the union local office. They are not. Let's hope that the pics of old do resurface some day. Until this pictorial history resurfaces, the pics on Tom's Facebook page are there for all to see.

callingtheshop

American Shovel 7.1.jpgAmerican Shovel 8.1.jpgAmerican Shovel 9.1.jpgAmerican Shovel 10.1.jpgFrom the photos Lloyd gave me when he retired at the Franklin River shop. Didn't know where else to put them and just general information on what the American log loaders looked like before a conversion.

HD Mech

Occupation
Heavy duty mechanic
Wouldn't it have been Weyerhaeuser who owned it in 2002? I can see the MB logo on the passenger door though"