• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Machine Control for JD 700H

Bedrock

Is it possible to find good used gps systems that would work on a John Deere 700H?

I would like to see a parts break down.
Trimble or Topcon either 1 would work for us.
Have a small preference for Topcon the dealer support might be just a bit better Here.

powerjoke

Occupation
owner/operator/estimator/mechanic/grunt/ditchdigge
If you find 2 sets for a 700h let me know lol

ditch digger

Looking at a Topcon with Tesla tablet. Hope weather comes around to try it out.
Anyone using gps on a excavator?

powerjoke

Occupation
owner/operator/estimator/mechanic/grunt/ditchdigge
im sorry for the late reply bedrock I just now realized you posted here....

I bought a GPS ready D6N and decided against automating the 700H, my serial on the 6N is AKM if you have anything that would help me out I would appreciate it :)

pj

Bedrock

purchased Topcon

We bought Topcon base rover. Machine control for both 700 Deere Dozer and Hitachi 270.

So far just love it.
saved $12,000.00 in staking 1st job.
lots more convenient knowing you're on grade at all times.

Construct'O

Occupation
Dozerwork,tiling plus many more!!!!!!!
We bought Topcon base rover. Machine control for both 700 Deere Dozer and Hitachi 270.

So far just love it.
saved $12,000.00 in staking 1st job.
lots more convenient knowing you're on grade at all times.

Where you located,eastern Iowa?Would like to visit.Training here has been slow to say the least.

Shimmy1

What, if anything, is available for surveying that doesn't involve half my gross income? I do a lot of drainage work and am inquiring what is available for walking or driving a ditch to find elevations of culverts, highs, lows, and such. Currently, I use a laser, but range is troublesome, and accuracy becomes an issue when you move the laser more than a few times. I do put in bench stakes to shoot off of when I move. I'm mainly looking to be able to get a survey done faster and more accurate.