• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Lull 400 Tire size. Can I do this ?

David Richardson

Hi Folks,
I need a little edjermacting. I think I will need a tire for this Lull 400, I just brought. It has 4 x 12.00-24 8 ply graders on it. Searching the web, they seem pretty rare. Can I use 13.00-24 instead ? Don't know what the numbers refer too.

Thank you kindly
Dave.

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
8 ply tires seem light to me for a forklift that lifts 40 ft high. 13.00-24s certainly will fit but insure you get the right load ratings on the tires for the machine. It is possible or maybe even likely that the tires on a machine that old are not of the correct rating or size. It would be within reason that a previous owner put on what was readily available.

icestationzebra

You want the stiffest sidewall you can get for forklifts. And run the air pressure at least as high as what the load chart says. ISZ