• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

looking for some info on a d7?

chevy41035

first post here just looking to get some info on this machine ive searched and searched cant seem to find a year or model on this thing. it was offered to me for 2500 bucks been sitting about 3 years sprockets are worn but the rest of the machine is complete and looks decent. i don't really need the machine but could use it around the house i have a case 350b i mess around with now.
111i9hl.jpg
[/IMG]
111i9hl.jpg
[/IMG]
111i9hl.jpg
28l97xj.jpg

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
I'm pretty sure that's not the machine s/n. More like a control valve pre-fix. I'm not super sharp on some of the older cat prefixes. For example a D7E would be a 48A prefix. Should be on the back left side above the drawbar. Metal tag or if it's gone it'll be stamped into the steel. See whatcha find there. If you find the right number a search should bring up what it is pretty quick. Or somebody with SIS can use the number you showed and narrow it down.

If you're fairly mechanically inclined that's a good start for $2,500.

Bluox

67 G is serial number for a 2 or 3 valve 173 hyd. control.My wag is for a D-7E mid 60s.
Bob

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
SAWEET machine if can get started and move for the coin, not going to buy much better for that price.

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
Track rails look to be worn bad also. Looks like the adjustment is way forward looking at the front idler. Still at $2500 buy it if it runs. You can probably play quite a bit with them well worn tracks if you are careful how you turn. You can probably take a link out to tighten them also. Not going to hurt anything that's not already worn out at this point.