• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Looking at new 20 ton tag trailers....

Tags

I am in the process of looking at new 20 ton tag trailers. I currently have an Eager Beaver 20 ton that I'm going to sell or trade in and I'm fairly certain I won't be getting another Eager Beaver. I have looked at Felling, Winston, and a Custom Heavy Haul. It will have eithe hydraulic or air ramps. Anyone have any feedback on those that I've looked at or any others I should give a look at?

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Take a look at Trail King also. They build good trailers.

SVTSHELBYGT500

Occupation
Excavating Contractor 30 + Yrs.
I am in the process of looking at new 20 ton tag trailers. I currently have an Eager Beaver 20 ton that I'm going to sell or trade in and I'm fairly certain I won't be getting another Eager Beaver. I have looked at Felling, Winston, and a Custom Heavy Haul. It will have eithe hydraulic or air ramps. Anyone have any feedback on those that I've looked at or any others I should give a look at?
We bought a felling 25 ton with air ramps and love it

Tags

To be perfectly honest, nothing really....just put new decking on, replacing some rotted rear spring hangers....it's more more of a "I'm getting lazy and don't want to pick these ramps up" thing. I don't have time to fab up my own hyd/air ramps

Georgia Iron

Occupation
Concrete building slab and grading contractor
To be perfectly honest, nothing really....just put new decking on, replacing some rotted rear spring hangers....it's more more of a "I'm getting lazy and don't want to pick these ramps up" thing. I don't have time to fab up my own hyd/air ramps

Thats funny. I feel the same way. Almost every time I load my 953 I destroy one of the ramps. Today bent the 1" 3/4" bar that holds the ramp on. I bought a 21' piece of 1 3/4 and I have almost used it all. The bar used to 1 1/2". I think my 953 has gotten fat or something :)

Tags

I love this business of moving earth around.....but I absolutely HATE moving the equipment that moves the earth...:rolleyes:

Tags

Just update,I ended up ordering a Custom Heavy Haul 20 ton trailer with 22.5 axles and suspension, 22 foot flat deck, extra D rings, 5 foot beaver tail, and the best of all, air ramps. Picked it up Saturday and barely strained my back pushing the lever to put the ramps down and back up....IMG_2815.JPGIMG_2816.JPGIMG_2817.JPG

JBGASH

Occupation
Plumbing & Excavation Contractor / farmer

AzIron

I like all the d rings you never have enough in the right spot and you could load anything on that slope and the ramps look really stout

That's a really nice trailer

Randy88

Do they offer galvanized as an option for the entire trailer frame assembly??