• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

looking at a koehring 6625

wcracer7

well whats the good and bad. This will be my first excavator, it is very reasonably priced. Mainly just be doing house demos, loading clay and doing some light digging (basements ect.) Any pros and cons would be a plus, i have looked it over and it looks pretty clean, no cracks or welds, undercarriage decent but will need drive sprockets pretty quick and tracks are about out of adjustment and bucket will not curl but does dump which just started happening so im guessing just stuck hyd spool or somthing cause it doesnt even load the pump when you try curling. Thanks in advance

Tones

Occupation
Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired
A lot of that old machinery has parts that could still be avaiable and if not newer parts could fit like hydraulic pumps etc. Track gear is something that should be looked into as it maybe one type only.
I had a go at operating a big brother to the 6625 many many years ago. I can't remember the model but it had a V12 71 GM in it. It is the most usless peace of puss I have ever sat in, It couldn't even lift the bucket high enough to load a 769 truck if it was on the same level as the truck tires. A Hitachi UH07 would outwork it anytime

Master Operator

I own a 6625 run it for 10 years sold it and the man that bought it is still running it. It might be old but it's easy to work on, there not a computer to worry about.
If the man would sell it back to me ,I would buy it tomorrow

chris allen

Occupation
Feild tech
Did you buy it
Hey there saw were ya use to own 6625. Well I bough one very reasonable Well I can't figure out how the two speed travel works. Any ideas. I did notice a foot switch in floor that looks like a high An low beam switch if an old truck.

wcracer7

Hey there saw were ya use to own 6625. Well I bough one very reasonable Well I can't figure out how the two speed travel works. Any ideas. I did notice a foot switch in floor that looks like a high An low beam switch if an old truck.
the dimmer looking switch on the floor is the horn, mine doesnt have 2 speed or if it does i dont know where it is. I do have some books on it, if you ever need any info.