• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

location of hand pattern control changers on all machines. please list here

planetshapers

hey there.
i thought it might be a good idea to list the location of hand pattern control changers in a central location. i have been helping a large construction company part time because my business is slow and they have a gazillion pieces of equipment. getting off one machine and on another has become awkward due to the various hand patterns of each machine. i would really like to know where to find the hand pattern control changer on komatsu excavators sized pc200 and above???

cat 420d: standing at rear, behind the left rear tire and inner fender/frame wall. uses a 13 or 15 mm wrench to loosen safety lock.

cat 320c and other excavators: standing at rear, operators side, cab side, left, back door. inside and down to left. loosen a safety bolt with a 13 or 14 mm socket to turn valve.

new volvo ec48 r mini excavator: behind right hand elbow as if sitting in seat, on back dash panel, behind plastic cover. uses a wingnut to loosen safety lock.

takeuchi mini excavators, under floor mat.

kubota mini excavators, usually a small up and down stubby lever on panel below right knee as if sitting in seat.

CRAFT

Occupation
30 yrs Owner/Operator
Was looking to buy a zero swinging Pc200LC a few yrs ago and it was located exactly the same place as the Cat I wound up with ..... that location was right behind the cab service door on the operators side of the machine .... as mentioned before you will require a wrench ...... also on the Pc's, they have been known to have a 3 position pattern changer ...... ISO-----SAE----- and some frigg'n Asian whatchamacallit pattern ....... Talk about a scary pattern....WOW ....LOL ....BE VERY CAREFUL ! .... BC puts their pattern changer behind your right rear heel when sitting in the op's seat .... My 312 Cat I installed a totally electrically switched changer, I mounted the rocker switch behind the op's right arm rest out of harms way ...... Have Fun !

jmoreland

John Deere 160 behind operators cab inside door. Gehl mini under cab some machines require you to remove cover plate to access pattern changer.

xcv8tr7

Occupation
EXCAVATOR
CAT 307C SB..... under floor mat. Lever turns from SAE to ISO. I started out on deere controls then learned cat. I tried to run deere one day and couldn't do it now!

GCC

Occupation
Excavation
Behind the boom on a big block lol gotta switch 4 lines around lol 1995 Hitachi ex300lc-3 lol

LT-x7

Occupation
Earth Moving Contractor
Bumping an old thread for more info on the subject.
Anyone know where Kobelco pattern changers are located?
I've got a rental Kobelco 170 showing up in a couple days and I'm a ISO guy :cool:

mitch504

On about a 2006 or so Kobelco 160, it was inside one of the doors behind the cab door, I think it was the rear one where the radiator was, but it could have been the one right behind the cab. It was on the wall, and took no tools to change.

I was on a job with one where a couple of us kept switching on and off of it. It seems like once or twice a day, some laborer or truckdriver would switch it over just for fun. Thankfully, it was a big open site. By the end of that job, the other operator and I would just crank it up, wiggle the sticks, and load trucks no matter which pattern it was on.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Old thread but good info none the less.

Some of the newer Cats have electronically controlled pattern changers accessed via the monitor. The 314DL I have on "loan" is configured this way. Also rented a 319DL that was the same way. The 316EL, also on "loan", was under the floor mat in the cab.

My 321DL is accessed through a small door under the cab, the 321CL's is under the floor mat. 315CL is in the side door on the operators side, same with the 325DL. On some Bobcat mini's it's located directly below the right hand joystick.

Reidler

On my bobcat 323 mini it's located right below your left elbow if your sitting in the seat. I believe on the hitachi 200's you need to manually change lines, well on the of ones anyway...

JGibson

Takeuchi TB135: Below the floor panel, lift up the rubber mat, then open the metal hatch and it is the switch right there. Bobcat 335 has it in the back right corner of the cab.

Reidler

On my bobcat 323 mini it's located right below your left elbow if your sitting in the seat. I believe on the hitachi 200's you need to manually change lines, well on the of ones anyway...

Oops, posting mistake there, sorry. Last sentence is supposed to read "on the older ones anyway".

Cant seem to edit the original post so here's the fix. :)

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Cat 312EL, under the floor mat. There's a metal plate that lifts out and the changer is underneath.

Shimmy1

Case CX210B and C Behind the cab access door on the left side there is a cover like a floor plate with 2 wing bolts. Remove the bolts and cover and there it is.

Volvo EC55C Lift the front left corner of floor mat and there is a little cover held by a thumbscrew.

JCB JS220 Behind the seat, under the center access cover there is a rocker switch. There is a procedure to switch it, but I don't remember exactly what it is.

Last edited:

cxman

does any one know what fitting are on the pilot system on a case cx 210 trying to put selecter valve on but cant find out fittings are the metric or bpt