• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Linde H25 engine governor issue

Phil_C

Hello All
I have a Linde H25D-03 forklift with a Perkins 903.27 engine in it. Recently for around ten minutes after starting the engine it is slow or non responsive to accelerator changes and has at times idled down so low it stalls. At first I thought it might be the hydraulic throttle from the transmission but I bypassed that by moving the throttle linkage directly and the engine did not respond.
Does the 903.27 have a mechanical governor that could be causing problems or is it an electronic governor?
Once the symptoms disappear after about ten minutes (sometimes more sometimes less) they do not reappear until the engine is restarted the next day. It does seem to be lasting longer and longer.

Parts manual only shows the injector pump as a unit and not whats inside. Part number for the pump is UFK4A444. I think the pump model is DP200.

Thanks

Phil

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
Those inj pumps will not tolerate any water or algae..
Check your filters for both..
I’m working on one now that was so full of algae that it seized the pump..$$$$
When it “derates”, try to move the throttle on the inj pump..
If it’s already at wide open, check your fuel pressure..

Phil_C

Thanks for the info. I had a look today and there is no water in the fuel and no algae. The lift pump is not pumping like it should so I am looking for a replacement.