• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Lighting

Farmtruck

Guys I ended up using a company called tigerlights. They pretty much have every Machine covered for Led lighting. Great customer support. Ask for Jake. Extremely knowledgeable.

cw4Bray

I’ve been thinking about doing the same thing to my excavator’s
Keep us posted how they hold up

Bad news.... The LED dome light works good while gunkholing at anchor and when running only on battery power, BUT they burn out very quickly when running the engine or anytime the battery voltage is above 12.7 V DC

JLarson

Occupation
Owner- civil and heavy repair/fab company
A favorite light that I've been putting on a lot of customers equipment lately are Hella S3000's. Good cost vs light output and durability.

I put 6 on my service rig and now anytime someone sees them and needs lights on something that's what they want me to get them.

Ikari

Time I had issues with my lights in the studio I work for I had to call the professional thing to arrange everything back to normal. It seems very easy to call out companies that I'm not aware of their actual background.What I didn't do is check their history with a few other studios here in London. It's not that easy to get good staging services in London, if you want to have a professional result. I just saw the movie two months ago that required some special techniques when it comes to lighting and I would never be able to do it myself without expert knowledge.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Bad news.... The LED dome light works good while gunkholing at anchor and when running only on battery power, BUT they burn out very quickly when running the engine or anytime the battery voltage is above 12.7 V DC
You need to look for an LED that is rated for input voltage 9-16v DC for a nominal 12v system (for a nominal 24v system the range would be 18-32v). Nordic Lighting do some extremely good ones. They are generally more expensive but, as always, you get what you pay for.