• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Leaking Transmission Pump

Bigfooteq

My old '79 Yale G83P forklift has a Chrysler engine and a Cessna transmission/steering pump. Anyway the old pump was squealing like a dying rabbit and was hardly pumping so I installed a new one. When I installed the new one, I also installed a new inline filter on the suction line and changed the transmission fluid. Everything worked fine for a couple of months and the pump started leaking/pouring transmission fluid. The parts manual lists several old brands of "Dextron" fluid to use in the transmission. This synthetic fluid is supposed to be compatible with "Dextron III". Did the new fluid destroy the seals in the new pump? If so, what fluid should I have used? I'm getting ready to install the old pump just to get me by until I can rebuild this one but don't want to finish it off if the transmission fluid is the culprit. Thanks

Attachments

• image000000 (56).jpg
    image000000 (56).jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
  • Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    7.5 MB · Views: 2
  • Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 2