• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Largest Graders

Deas Plant

On smiley faces and hormone shots.

Hi, OVRSZD.
No, I didn't miss the 'smiley' face. I chose to see the fact that someone would make a comment like that as being more indicative of character than an emoticon. :pointhead :ban

I can't speak for Northart's hormone levels but, after reading his posts here and on other forums for a few more years than I've been reading yours, I have a lot of respect for his skill and knowledge levels and for him as a person. :notworthy

As for my hormone levels, you're never gonna know for sure but I don't think there's much of a problem there. :drinkup They've lasted me a while longer than yours have you and they are still going strong. :cool: ;) :cool2 :bash

P.S. Try not to take this personally. :Banghead

P.S. 2. Please note the emoticons.

Last edited:

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
Dr. Digger will not be prescribing hormone shots for anyone at this time, however, he will open the medicine cabinet up and pass out large quantities of "don't take HEF so seriously" pills, which members are free to slip into each other's drinks, as they see fit. :drinkup

ovrszd

Occupation
Retired Army
Dr. Digger will not be prescribing hormone shots for anyone at this time, however, he will open the medicine cabinet up and pass out large quantities of "don't take HEF so seriously" pills, which members are free to slip into each other's drinks, as they see fit. :drinkup

Amen to that!!!! :)

MKTEF

Occupation
Production manager
Well, when we talk about the Champion 100T and cars..:)

In the mine at Gruben they used Lada Niva's as firm cars in the mine.(Small Russian 4wd cars)
They used to say that if the 100T dug up a stone and graded it to the side, the whole was so big the Lada fitted down into it.

I've also heard that they used to drive over a couple of Lada's a year in the mine.(trucks backed over them)
Stories aslo confirmed that it might have been intentionaly...
Niva's is not what u would buy as your private car...;)

ovrszd

Occupation
Retired Army
A few years back a local grader operator backed into a car. He was working an area and the car pulled right up behind him. The operator backed a few feet and hit the car before he realized it was there. We all make mistakes. But as you mentioned MKTEF, sometimes it might be intentional!!! :)

Last time I pushed snow I was way out in the country at midnight. My gravel road ended in a T at a paved road. As I approached the paved road with a blade full of material I saw car lights coming from the West, my left. I dumped my pile of snow at the T, off the pavement and backed up to get another load. The car slowed and finally stopped just before it got to the pile. I thought maybe she wanted to turn onto my road so as I approached with the blade full I angled the blade to make an entrance, again leaving my pile on the gravel road leaving the paved road clear. She just sat there staring at my pile of snow. I went after another load and needed to turn her direction to pile it off the shoulder of the paved road where she was sitting. I drove forward until my front tires reached the edge of the pavement and stopped. Now I'm sitting with my left front tire turned in her direction, about ten feet from the right front corner of her car, with serious lighting going on. She's sitting there staring at my front tire and not moving. I pulled forward a few inches indicating I needed to come toward her. She pulled forward a few inches and continued to stare at my tire/lights. All the while her path to continue on the paved road was clear. I pulled forward again, this time stopping with my front tire about two feet from the corner of her car. She's got the typical two hands on the wheel, leaning forward staring thing going on. When I pulled forward I could read her lips, she said "WHAT THE ----". Then she put the car in reverse and backed slowly with me easing forward toward her until I could dump my blade. I backed down the gravel again for another load and she slowly drove away. In this case here's a car that you want to run over real bad!!! But I didn't, I just spent the next thirty minutes talking outloud to myself about how stupid she was and speculating exactly what drugs she was on!!! :p

MKTEF

Occupation
Production manager
You name ut man..
I've spent some time in our tank transporter. Its a 63 feet(21m) long tractor and trailer.
With a short 3 axle tractor and a 6 axle trailer you indeed need som space in the crossings.(and our roads look like yours, not as the highways)
Countless times i've driven into the the crossing, taken to the left, and of course used the oposite driving lane.
People just drive right into the crossing, don't even think about that i am gone use all the space.
They stop with their front nearly under the 3 first wheels of my trailer.
Looks just stupid inside their cars...
I use to roll down the window and lean out, look at them and wait...
Of course i am not backing that beast, because of a stupid car driver...
Gets real funny when car number two, gets its front close into the first one..
Patience my man, you got to have patience..

There was a lot of different animals aboard Noah's boat, my mum used to say..

ovrszd

Occupation
Retired Army
You name ut man..
I've spent some time in our tank transporter. Its a 63 feet(21m) long tractor and trailer.
With a short 3 axle tractor and a 6 axle trailer you indeed need som space in the crossings.(and our roads look like yours, not as the highways)
Countless times i've driven into the the crossing, taken to the left, and of course used the oposite driving lane.
People just drive right into the crossing, don't even think about that i am gone use all the space.
They stop with their front nearly under the 3 first wheels of my trailer.
Looks just stupid inside their cars...
I use to roll down the window and lean out, look at them and wait...
Of course i am not backing that beast, because of a stupid car driver...
Gets real funny when car number two, gets its front close into the first one..
Patience my man, you got to have patience..

There was a lot of different animals aboard Noah's boat, my mum used to say..

I've drove semi quite a bit. Someone will pull into that spot you are talking about almost every time.

I like your Mum's quote, hadn't ever heard that before. Very funny. Very true.

30 dirty years

Occupation
Jak of all trades
Champion graders story

Attachments

• Picture-3.jpg
    Picture-3.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 1,819

DoyleX

Occupation
Lever Puller, Gear Jammer, Pipe Twister
Went out to the Dakotas the other week to see some of the late Kenny Harris's creations. The double bowls are still on the ready line. Definitely the "Peterson" of the green line20170217_112825.jpg 20170217_113502.jpg 20170217_120749.jpg 20170217_112449.jpg