• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Largest Caterpillar Sidebooms

cocosmate

Occupation
Operador de Side Boom
Se dan vueltas sin duda en pendientes muy empinadas para subirlos de frentes los ginchan con bulldozer sino en el ineno de subir solos hace mucha fuerza la rueda cabrilla y hace k se empiecen a amacar y se dan vuelas con pluma y todo

rare ss

003.jpg

004.jpg

002.jpg

001.jpg

dirty4fun

They have a real problem there, the side boom looks ok, the trailer might have a new twist thou.

Bob/Ont

Was working on a 594H this week, no power to the drums. The spline on the drive gear powering the PTO case sheared off due to stress cracks.
The gear is discontinued, this is bad news for all the old machined that have been converted to wet decks.
Later Bob

rare ss

If you look at the last pic the camber of the corner is pretty sharp, from what i heard if he took abit more speed around the bend it may have been ok (side boom tractor weight was on the right [or wrong] side too)

trouble with the Drake 4x8 Swingwing and 2x8 dolly compared to their 4x4 full widener and 2x4 dolly is the larger trailer is less stable than the smaller due to the oscilation of the axles (as seen in the pic of the dolly)

the poor Mack got the worse end of the stick the chassis looked like what grows up in far Nth Qld

Pipelinemech

bob/ont if you need that shaft check with jeff huff at huff equipment {585-229-5186** he is a sideboom dismantler i do business with. the the R and T model sidebooms do have rops. we pull them off to move them for height reasons. therefore when you see a pic of them parked in a yard the rops are laying with the boom and the weights. as far as the gent that said they cant roll to the boom side i guarantee that they can. i have had to replace/rebuild a many a boom where the tractor rolled to the boom side and wrapped the boom over the top of the tractor. for the gent that said the high tracks want to stand up on slopes, tell your mechanic to call cat and get the new front and rear idler mounts. they move the idlers out front and rear to give the machine more end to end stability. my two cents gents.