• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kubota kx057-4 troubles

Anthonycecil

to everyone who has been keeping up with this thread, i have been givin a diagnosis...the main pump on my machine is bad...makes pressure but no volume...said all pressures would check out. i wasnt until they put a flow meter on it that the problem showed up.... now for the great news , , there arent any pumps available.... may be a month at least.....no rental coverage, no help from dealer, service manager wakes up in a new world everyday...i am pretty much screwed..kubota wont defer any payments until u have made at least 6 payments,, i have made 2......i bought a brand new machine that was fuct from the factory....nobody seems to think i deserve a new machine! does anyone have any ideas on how to get them to replace the machine???

I the way i understood it was , there was a three pump load sensing system....my rep says there is only one main pump.. do not know for sure so i cant argue..

I think they have done you wrong......I personally think you have rights, and the best way to deal with this situation is to consult with an attorney, and find out what the best procedure is to deal with this.......I wouldn't do anything that may give the dealer any countersuit....What you purchased is defective and you have done more than what I would consider to be a decent person..And frankly I wouldn't expect to deal with the dealer anymore, due to this situation....I hope you have an alternative brand nearby, and that they are a decent sized company that will stand behind their product.....

I was thinking about the same machine you purchased, as the small tractor I got a couple of years ago is relatively trouble free...I have a front end loader, and the hydraulics are not nearly a good as a previous John Deere, but the Deere dealership is too far away now due to the closing of the more local one.... A real shame about your situation, as the purchase of a new machine comes around so rarely. Sorry. Tony

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I was going to say the same thing. When a pump goes that is seldom the end of your problems. It does not sound like it has grenaded, since it still runs but never the less I would get a hyd oil sample and see how much debris is flowing through your system.

Unless you are wealthy you likely cant just flip this machine for another, since you have had it for two month and its fuct it, the trade value of that machine would make you cry. So you likely have to stick it out. I would do similiar to what Shovel prescribes, although I would first contact everyone possible. Just a note dont forget to mention that you frequent internet sites like this one.

I will give one quick story about how powerful that is.

There is a tire/track OEM that makes airless tires. I bought a set and one of the tires was bad and wearing at 3X the rate of the other 3. They acknowledged the tire was bad since they offered varying degrees of help. This was unacceptable to me. They finally got down to me paying $100 for shipping for the single new airless tire. I felt and still do that the tire was defective and I already paid to have 4 tires shipped to me, its not my fault one was a POS. I was as persuasive as I could be. They refused any further help........until I mentioned several internet forums that I was an active member on which included this one, complete with screen names. I mentioned that I could significantly influence the buying decisions of a great many buyers by simply and fairly posting my experience. I got my tire for free as I should have. I used this only after all other means were expended because I wanted to give them every opportunity to do the right thing.

Perhaps this might work for you.

DGMM

Hi all, sorry been AWOL... I havnt been given a diagnosis yet BUT... It would appear a decision has been made to put the customer first. I cannot say too much yet but possibly a new machine... I will let you know as soon as I hear.

joispoi

Look up the lemon law in Arkansas. You're a consumer and you've got rights. A dealer can't just take your money and leave you to deal with it if it turns out to be a lemon. Keep pushing the issue. Don't take no for an answer. If someone is not giving you the results that you want, talk to their superior- regional, national or international if need be.

I almost bought a kubota 6 weeks ago and I held back because of what I read here.

mikebramel

Sounds like your pump is not stroking all the way. Sounds like it may be an easy fix and with the large amount of money tied into the machine, have the pump repaired and file a lien on the dealer for the cost

JOHNBOY07

Occupation
engineering
Hi I'm new to this site and therefore am not allowed to start a new thread yet. I read somewhere to join an existing thread to ask my question.
Does anyone know how to tighten the track (rubber) on a SK 027 Kobelco Small track-hoe / excavator? It came off while I was driving up a hill. I was able to get it back on but I cant seem to tighten the track.

Hendrik

Does anyone know how to tighten the track (rubber) on a SK 027 Kobelco Small track-hoe / excavator? It came off while I was driving up a hill. I was able to get it back on but I cant seem to tighten the track.
http://static.mascus.com/image/product/large/jssrauction/kobelco-sk027,e01k301983001_6.jpg
See the cover plate on the undercarriage? Take it off and there should be a grease nipple, this grease nipple charges a cylinder that tensions the idler wheel to tighten the track.
Not sure what the spec is for your machine but generally there is supposed to be 1-2cm of slack between the bottom of the track roller and track, when the machine is lifted off the ground and the track seam is up the top in the middle.
If you keep having the track come loose it may be that the tensioner cylinder is leaking.

berry

Hi all, sorry been AWOL... I havnt been given a diagnosis yet BUT... It would appear a decision has been made to put the customer first. I cannot say too much yet but possibly a new machine... I will let you know as soon as I hear.

was wondering if u have heard anything from kubota about your machine..........

My drama continues.. As everyone has probably read my machine and "DGMMs'" machine have not been right since the day we loaded them up....

i recieved my machine back on july 6th or 7th didnt get it to work until the next week...within 3 hours i could tell the machine was a little stronger,also no longer vibrated like a roll packer... still didnt operate equally throughout each opposing motion...blade still interupting travel...the strength was there but didnt feel like it should...after about 40 hours it was like the machine ate some spinach and got stronger,,but operations never equaled out ...also some nit picking they chipped the paint in 5 places to the primer , to fix this they put touch up paint on it looks like a 3 year old got a hold of some nail polish...they didnt put the engine cover back on correctly it no longer closes all the way..rained all over my motor....now some new problems my quick attatch has three broken welds, head liner falling down, and washer fluid still leaking inside the cab....i have now dropped the machine back off at the dealer for the third time....finance company did defer two payments, but that time is over...they also said it was up to the dealer whether or not to replace machine..they would be fine with me getting a new machine...service manager said they should just give me a new one...the general manager of the dealership said he would see what he could do....
thats it for my update..

Someotherguy

Wow. What a thread.
Sorry for you guys that are in the thick of it with your new machines.
I have an older KX-71. Bought it used and been happy with it.
It really sux when a manfacture suddenly has a bad run on a model/part and does little about it.
Please keep us updated on it all.
Jason

roadrunner81

Occupation
Managing member KSR Excavating, LLC
Just an update, nearing 700hrs no probs. I'm sorry to hear Berry that your problems continue. I can say that blade operation does slow travel and I think that this machine would have trouble running something like a mower while tracking. I've run an auger now and it slows considerably while tracking. Still a good performing well balanced machine.

berry

i am now at 768 hours,, problems continue....i had meetings with big wigs from kubota,, they couldnt see the problems....the factory rep and general manager from the dealership have been to the jobsite 3 times to operate machine,,check duration/speed of functions... also to operate machine hot and in the field,,,factory rep recons everything within spec!!! blade still interrupts travel,,sometimes goes into slow motion all together,, my machine will now actually get stuck,, what i mean is, occasionally main boom will go down but will not go up,,i have to turn off machine and restart it for that operation to work... they told me i had to live with the chipped paint "it is a machine"...wich i disagree with!! i asked them if they had taken a 60,000.00 corvette to the dealer and they gouged the paint would they accept it?.. this they did not like...today the function got stuck and was able to video it and show the GM....i also had been told by the factory rep that my pump had been sent back to kubota to be checked out 400 machine hours ago,,.guess what?? it just left the dealership the other day.....i believe my machine is just one of those bad apples... and the rep isnt helping..the right thing is to replace this machine.. i hope with this video i will get me a new machine... i think my problems now stem from the fact that my dealership was not able to diagnose the pump issue..then kubota had no factory rep for my area...because of this i had to put 365 hours on my machine with a bad pump... it had bad harmonic vibration and most likely debris in system ... to Ma71T i would buy a 305 caterpillar if i was you... if you spec all the machines in this class u will want the kubota,,if you park them next to eachother you will want kubota,, if you operate them first,,you will run to the caterpillar and throw rocks at the kubota...i tried to load the video but it is too big...ill put it on youtube and post the link later

Last edited:

Anthonycecil

Thanks for the update....I am sorry you are having this type of problem.....I am very close to buying a machine, and think the bobcat may be the way I go----I mentioned to the Kubota dealer ---who is where I have dealt with in the past--about your problem, and he said he gets all the information on service bulletins etc and has not heard of anything like you mention.....again thanks...Tony

berry

Thanks for the update....I am sorry you are having this type of problem.....I am very close to buying a machine, and think the bobcat may be the way I go----I mentioned to the Kubota dealer ---who is where I have dealt with in the past--about your problem, and he said he gets all the information on service bulletins etc and has not heard of anything like you mention.....again thanks...Tony

There are a few people around here that have purchased bobcat machines...I haven't heard any bad news...seems the research I did,, stated certain bobcat excavators have kubota motors in them...my memory sometimes isn't the best though.. U might wanna check...

Anthonycecil

I think it does, but the motor is a good one...What I have experienced is similar to yourself, and that being the hydraulics..As long as I just use one function on the tractor l42 something, it is fine..If I do two things, like go forward and say curl the bucket, it bogs down...I just work around that, as this is just a tractor....

The above is my concern with a much more expensive escalator...I am on the verge of making a decision, so appreciate your input.....Kubota should make a bigger effort IMO. They are a fine company with good products, but I swear they should have a response team ready to deal with the occasional --bad apple--- Tony