1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kubota KX 121-2 thermostat

Discussion in 'Compact Excavators' started by jw3, Oct 26, 2013.

1. jw3

jw3 Active Member

Plumber
    Are there any special procedures to burping the air out of the cooling system after changing the thermostat? I have shop manuals on the way, they just haven't arrived yet? I appreciate y'all's info because I am in a jam!!!!

2. Jlillie2

Jlillie2 Well-Known Member

Media services
    I'd run it with the radiator cap off from it and watch it until the fluid gos by once the stat opens. If it drops ad some more. I had valves (On my takeuchi) that were intended for a heater, as they were on the high side, I opened them a little until I had fluid coming out to make sure it didn't get air bound. I assume that you didn't have to drain the entire machine to replace the thermostat right?

3. jw3

jw3 Active Member

Plumber
    No sir I didn't have to drain the radiator. I did pretty well what you described. I haven't had to add any more anti freeze as of yet.

4. Jlillie2

Jlillie2 Well-Known Member

Media services
    I'd say you are fine then, I assume that the tem gauge is showing temperature up to the normal level?
    If the gauge was exceptionally low, or reading sporadically, I would suspect an air bind.
    I think from the sounds of things that you did it all right.