• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Komatsu pc35 mr-2 hydraulic issue

MapleGrove

I have a Komatsu PC35 mr-2 with a boom down function that is weak and blade drift but only when boom function is down. For example boom will not lift machine up without using another function and after controls are released it will not hold in position. Blade will lift and hold machine until boom is moved to down function and it will drift, no movement in up function. If maxing out a cylinder function such as bucket curl in, dipper in and blade down the boom drifts up on its own. Problem started when I serviced hydraulic system and strainer. Everything was fairly clean, replaced hydro fluid and started machine back up. Boom would not lift itself up. Prior to service all functions were operating normally. Finally able to get boom up enough to drop off at mechanic 1. He got machine functioning but this is when current boom and blade problem arose. Dropped off to mechanic 2 and he ran pressure tests and said entire main valve body needs to be resealed to about $2500 plus removal and install for shop time. Cannot get a hold of mechanic 1 because he moved and would of liked to ask what he did to get machine to current operating state such as switched hoses or adjusted relief valve pressures. My ultimate question is does this sound as a possible relief valve/valves bypassing or damaged spools in main control valve? Sorry for the long post, I have been a guest for years before signing up and am amazed at the wealth of knowledge shared on the forum.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
The boom and blade function are on two entirely different pumps and valve circuits on that machine. I would suggest you pull the hydraulic filter and pump suction strainer and check for debris. My first guess is that the boom cylinder has blown packing and is contaminating the hydraulic system.

MapleGrove

Did you get this fixed
Update on machine, main control valve rebuilt and installed 4/23. On 10/23 gear pump went and pulled entire hydraulic pump out and had it looked by hydraulic shop due to the oil temperature being still very high during operation but the drift issues were resolved after the control valve was repaired. When torn down, it was noted the swash plate was wearing into the housing and it was determined pump was not repairable. i installed a brand new complete hydraulic pump and machine operates normally.

JamesPC35mr-2

How many hours on this machine? I wonder where they got the parts to rebuild. I’ve checked my dealers here and they don’t have the parts? Cannot figure that out? I’ve tried to replace a couple of piston seals but cannot find the correct size. It fixes some of my issues for a few days.

JamesPC35mr-2

I ended up replacing the gear pump. That pump would not make the listed PSI. My functions are better but still seems slow to me. I don’t have anything to compare to. However, I can move my boom up while tracking, that would stop my machine before. I also seem to have more power when turning and boom up. I’ll call it a maybe win. It did seem to help.

John V

Do you have the shop manual? It lists all the performance specs if you wanted to see how yours performs compared to spec.

John V

Yes, the shop manual gives you the specs for long various movements should take. I can PM you the shop manual if you'd like.