• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Komatsu PC-75UU-2 pilot pressure check

gazza308

I'm new here guys , i'm a qualified HD mechanic but limited trouble shooting experience on diggers , it's my personal machine and I lost all hydraulic controls except for track motion and blade control ( normal until you push down the left lever at the joystick controls to activate the earthing safety switch ) , it turns out the PPC lock solenoid was shorted out to earth so I replaced that solenoid with a new 24V solenoid and still no hydraulic controls working as no voltage to the solenoid so I ran a new 24V feed from the fuse box with a piggy back 10amp fuse and I still have no hydraulic controls and I can feel the solenoid clicking in and out with key being turned on and off.....so I believe I have to check the hydraulic pilot pressure next....but I haven't done this before and I have no test gauges.....is it as easy as locating the pilot pressure port and just disconnect a hose then start the machine and see if it has good pressure or is just a dribble ?