• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

KOMATSU HM300-2

dwdude

Have a machine im dealing with at the moment. Its a HM300-2

Symptom: machine operates in forward & reverse, shifts through gears as it should, but as soon as I disengage the "inter-axle diff lock" (turn the switch to the off position), the machine jars up and will no longer move.

Selecting gears plays no bearing on the issue. No active codes present. Monitor sees no abnormalities as far as control pressures, fill switch errors, diff lock prop. solenoid malfunction, diff lock prop. solenoid short to ground, etc..

Took differential oil samples, and found a small amount of chunkys in the front diff. When I tried the machine again, I noticed the RETARDER actuated light was illuminated in the dash, and the machine would no longer move with or without the "inter-axle diff lock" switch activated

Anyone ever seen anything like this? The dealer that owns the machine is convinced its the tranny broken.. But I think if its (or at least WAS lol) shifting through gears with the "inter axle lock" switch off, if must NOT be the tranny