• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Komatsu 200lc-3

Rt185

I have a 200 LC-3 that runs works great but it recently is slow to track on one side and the bucket moves slow and I don't know where to start

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
I guess we need some more information. Is this a gray market machine? Does it have the long control handles in the cab or the short ones? Is there a bunch of rod and ball joints to work the hydraulic spools or does it have pilot controls? Do you have gauges or anything to check pressures.?Do you know how to do a boom up cycle time?

Rt185

It has pilot controls I'm not sure what you mean by grey machine ant the boom raises and lowers good

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
A gray market machine is one that was built to be sold in a country other than the United States. Usually there will be decals written in Japanese on a gray machines.

A boom cycle time involves stretching the stick all the way out, open the bucket all the way and then setting it all down on the ground. Put the engine at high idle and then use a watch to time how fast it takes to raise the boom all the way up till it tops out. The time should be somewhere between 3.5 to 4.0 seconds.