• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kobelco SK140 lost controls

chad740

I work in the maintenance department of a company that had a guy that was our excavator expert. This gentleman has moved on and now I have to learn how to take over the tasks of fixing them when they go down.

With that being said I have a Kobelco SK140 that I have lost pilot controls along with one track. I can hit the override and get it to track but that's all. Anybody have any ideas where I could start to trouble shoot this?
Be easy on the new guy lol.

GaryHoff

Occupation
Heavey Equipment Mechanic
Welcome to HEF.

Which track is not working? (left or right)
Do any other functions work with the override on, or just the other track?
Im assuming you screwed in the lever lock solenoid to override the safety lever.

I have had issues with the straight travel valve. Remove and inspect, swap with another machine if you can.

chad740

right track wont work. no other functions work with the override. No I have not tried the safety override since one track worked.

GaryHoff

Occupation
Heavey Equipment Mechanic
So no boom, no bucket, no stick, no left track?
Have you checked your hydraulic filters for debris yet?